Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

ATB Review Schedule

Started by bmathison1972, May 14, 2020, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Quote from: callmejoe3 on November 23, 2020, 06:56:07 PM
To diversify from cetaceans a bit, I request to cover the 2008 Schleich black rhino (14394), the Safari Ltd Monterey Bay Aquarium Tiger Shark, and then to cover Mojo Fun's 2012 killer whale as the first one to be reviewed on the site.

those were all added to the first post, thanks

bmathison1972

The Papo insects are rolling out; I received three of them today, so my next two reviews will be the ladybug and monarch. I have the dragonfly too but not in any hurry to review that one. I see the snail is available now in Europe, which means it will be in the US shortly so I claimed that one too.

bmathison1972

@JimoAi - I have added your latest requests to the first page of this thread. Excellent choices and species; I look forward to seeing them.

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on May 14, 2020, 09:39:24 PM
Hey all,

Special attention to: @animaltoyforum @bmathison1972 @OkapiBoy @sbell @Gwangi @Beetle guy @Badger @sirenia @Lanthanotus @stargatedalek @suspsy @brontodocus @Ikessauro @jumboplayset @Loon @MammothProductions @Advicot @Isidro @Isurus  [anyone who has reviewed for us]

This is a list of figures that have been 'claimed' by Blog reviewers. I will keep this first post updated as things get claimed and subsequently reviewed. Reply on this thread for anything you want, and I'll update this first post accordingly. We do ask that you do not claim a lot of things at one time unless you plan on delivering in a timely manner. Don't want to secure a figure and have it go un-reviewed for a very long time, thanks :).

If you have already claimed something that I do not have here, let me know either by replying or PM or email! Thanks! And thanks for all the contributions!

CollectA:
musk ox - Okapiboy
blackbuck - OkapiBoy
caribou -OkapiBoy
fallow deer - OkapiBoy

Schleich:
Dromedary, 2020 - Advicot
Dromedary 2006 - Advicot
Dromedary, cria, 2006 - Advicot
Wombat - Advicot
Komodo dragon, 2019 - Advicot
sloth bear - OkapiBoy

Safari Ltd.:
Dromedary, 2010 - Advicot
Butterflies TOOB - Gwangi
Backyard Birds TOOB - Gwangi
moon bear - OkapiBoy
MBA tiger shark - callmejoe3
oceanic whitetip shark - JimoAi

Papo:
Dromedary - Advicot
African hedgehog - Advicot
monarch - bmathison1972
edible snail - bmathison1972

Mojo Fun
sun bear - OkapiBoy
killer whale, 2012 - callmejoe3

K&M/Wild Republic
Frogs Nature Tube - Advicot

Hasbro
Squakers McCaw, 2008 - stargatedalek

Kaiyodo
Enoshima Aquarium longspine porcupinefish - JimoAi

Colorata
Reptiles Box Komodo Dragon - Lanthanotus
Philippine eagle - OkapiBoy
Deluxe manta ray - JimoAi
Deluxe bull shark - JimoAi

Yujin
Insects of Japan - Beetle guy
blue tang - JimoAi
yellow tang - JimoAI

DeAgostini
World Insect Data Book - Beetle guy
The yellow tang I'm reviewing is the kaiyodo Enoshima aquarium one, not Yujin

Gwangi

I've got a few that I would like to reserve.

CollectA Przewalski Stallion
Wild Safari Thresher Shark
Wild Safari Bamboo Shark
Papo Bull Shark
CollectA Blainville's Beaked Whale
CollectA Basking Shark
Safari MBA Blue Shark
Safari Ltd. King Vulture
Safari Ltd. Reef Squid
Safari MBA Giant Squid
Safari Goliath Grouper

bmathison1972

@Gwangi @JimoAi - I added your additions or corrections; please let me know if I missed anything.

I also added the 2020 Papo emperor dragonfly to mine

JimoAi

The Enoshima yellow tang is from Kaiyodo, same series as the porcupine fish I'm reviewing soon

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on December 15, 2020, 02:43:31 PM
The Enoshima yellow tang is from Kaiyodo, same series as the porcupine fish I'm reviewing soon

Oops I put it under Safari - LOL. Fixed, thanks.

Some really nice things between you and Gwangi I look forward to seeing

suspsy

I am planning to submit a review of the 2020 Schleich reindeer in time for Xmas.

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on December 17, 2020, 02:19:24 AM
I am planning to submit a review of the 2020 Schleich reindeer in time for Xmas.

Done! Glad to have you reviewing again!

JimoAi

@bmathison1972 how in the world did you manage to obtain the deluxe manta ray from Colorata after my review? I thought it was super rare. Rarer than a common skate

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on December 17, 2020, 09:40:24 AM
@bmathison1972 how in the world did you manage to obtain the deluxe manta ray from Colorata after my review? I thought it was super rare. Rarer than a common skate

eBay  8)

bmathison1972

@JimoAi - the one I am getting is different from yours. I am getting this one: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/File:Colorata_Manta_Ray.jpg

I am more curious about your figure now, because it is not the one in the link above, but also there was no manta in one of the Deluxe sets. I wonder if Colorata released their 'sharks' set at least three times?

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 17, 2020, 11:56:18 AM
@JimoAi - the one I am getting is different from yours. I am getting this one: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/File:Colorata_Manta_Ray.jpg

I am more curious about your figure now, because it is not the one in the link above, but also there was no manta in one of the Deluxe sets. I wonder if Colorata released their 'sharks' set at least three times?
There is a musuem line where individual figures were sold but since has been faded into obscurity. It only includes a Great white shark, whale shark and manta ray that I have reviewed. The other 2 is the sharks of the world and sharks of the world deluxe box set

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on December 17, 2020, 11:59:12 AM

There is a musuem line where individual figures were sold but since has been faded into obscurity. It only includes a Great white shark, whale shark and manta ray that I have reviewed. The other 2 is the sharks of the world and sharks of the world deluxe box set

Ah, thanks! I might add that comment to the blogpost, you you can as a comment?

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 17, 2020, 12:00:16 PM
Quote from: JimoAi on December 17, 2020, 11:59:12 AM

Ah, thanks! I might add that comment to the blogpost, you you can as a comment?
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t567149947
This is the one I own. Snag it up quick if you want it though

bmathison1972

I'm ok with the one I got. Its still a good candidate for the reef species to compliment my Safari giant oceanic.

We should probably continue this discussion on another thread, we are getting off topic  C:-) 8)

JimoAi

Could I cameo some fictional humans like Dib membrane from invader zim and Matsuura kanan from love live sunshine as size comparison, especially for smaller animals?

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on December 17, 2020, 03:07:24 PM
Could I cameo some fictional humans like Dib membrane from invader zim and Matsuura kanan from love live sunshine as size comparison, especially for smaller animals?

Do mean to include these in reviews of actual animals for size comparison? If so, yes. Other people do similar. For example, sbell has used Dr. Who as a size reference: http://animaltoyforum.com/blog/2020/02/11/blue-malaysian-coral-snake-animal-kaiser-by-bandai/

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 17, 2020, 03:09:52 PM
Quote from: JimoAi on December 17, 2020, 03:07:24 PM

Do mean to include these in reviews of actual animals for size comparison? If so, yes. Other people do similar. For example, sbell has used Dr. Who as a size reference: http://animaltoyforum.com/blog/2020/02/11/blue-malaysian-coral-snake-animal-kaiser-by-bandai/
.Matsuura Kanan will be very fitting, especially that she grew up in a dive store and since most of my reviews will be marine animals