News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Shorebirds and Seabirds

Started by Ana, January 12, 2013, 01:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

So I got myself a Puffin.   They used to have these birds on display at the Saint Louis Zoo, but the last time i was there, the exhibit was closed.

stargatedalek

Its a lovely figure and its paint app is really well done, but to be honest its probably my least favorite of this species (Atlantic Puffin is my favorite dinosaur and second favorite ornithodiran). I really need to pick one up at some point, even if I prefer the Schleich and Papo versions which I have at hand.

Jetoar

One of the best replica of this specie together Papo figure  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

brontodocus

Surprisingly, there aren't that many figures representing this magnificent, gigantic tubenose bird so I was very pleased to see CollectA released one this year. So here is a walk-around of the CollectA Sea Life Wandering Albatross, Diomedea exulans Linnaeus, 1758; item No. 88765, new for 2016. It's quite large for a regular bird figure, body length would be approx. 95 mm and wing span approx. 224 mm if both were fully spread out so the scale would be between approx. 1:12 and 1:14. The human figure (South American father by Miniland "Los Amigos del Mundo") is approx. 1:13 - 1:14 scale. Over the last 70 years the global population of Wandering Albatrosses has declined by about one third and IUCN lists the species as "Vulnerable".

Edit 2017-02-04: Fixed broken image urls.

Jetoar

One of the most friendlys and beautiful figures of these species. It is really cute  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Takama

A Giant Albatross.   This figure is decent. It could be outstanding if it were not for the grass sculpted onto the model

Its also Big for a Wings of the World Figure.   

Takama

Back again with yet, another Safari figure

bmathison1972

Nice figure, Takama. This is on my 'wishlist' for the Synoptic Collection.

Advicot

This marvellous figure will be with me tomorrow as it's my birthday!!!  :))
Don't I take long uploading photos!

bmathison1972

2004 Kaiyodo Greater Painted Snipe:

EpicRaptorMan

Wow that's a 2024 snipe? Crazy how quick some of these Chinese knock off companies are as I've already seen a few replicas for sale.

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on January 20, 2024, 06:16:36 PMWow that's a 2024 snipe? Crazy how quick some of these Chinese knock off companies are as I've already seen a few replicas for sale.

Ooops, 2004; thanks for catching my typo  :) [I don't buy Chinese knockoffs]

Gwangi

My latest acquisition and subject of review was the Papo 2020 cormorant, which is a great cormorant (Phalacrocorax carbo) specifically. I'm happy to have a cormorant in my collection but I'm a bit disappointed with this one, with it's sloppy paint app on the face and a warped beak. Anyway, you can read more about what I think of it on my review but @bmathison1972 asked me to share my review subjects in these Animal Toy Group threads too. I didn't see one for this group so I'm starting one.  :))

The disappointment in the cormorant was compounded by the fact that I just received the excellent Safari blue-footed booby. A new favorite figure of mine that I also recently reviewed.

A group shot of Suliformes. Here we have the two figures featured above and the Safari anhinga which I also reviewed a few years ago. Now I need a frigatebird.

Some solo shots of the Safari anhinga.

Isidro

Nice, that cormorant is the only Pelecaniforme I own in my collection. A bit too big, but excellent.

bmathison1972

Thanks @Gwangi - I believe I have been putting these in 'Shorebirds and Seabirds'. Not phylogenetically correct, I know. I will move any previous images of Suliformes to this thread :)

Gwangi

I didn't find a Shorebirds and Seabirds thread, otherwise I would have put it there. But I was also doing this at midnight thanks to the baby being awake.  ::)

Fembrogon

I also have the Safari booby and anhinga; they're both delightful. The anhinga is currently in storage, while the booby was a recent purchase.

EpicRaptorMan

I have all of these. The anhinga was a purchase I wasn't sure about until I got it. one of the few models I have on display that has its back turned.