News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Shorebirds and Seabirds

Started by Ana, January 12, 2013, 01:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ana

Two of my favorite groups of birds are divers/loons and owls :) In 2012 finally 2 species of loons were introduced to toy market, the company which did them is Maia and Borges. Company comes from Portugal and in the past they produced sea life animals in 1:32 for Schleich. Now they have main two series: Water birds and Sea life (with many molds used before for schleich) :)
These two divers are my favorite figures of this company. I would like, however, to get all other water birds from them in the future too! (and I hope they could make two remained species of loons in coming years, haha, or at least black throated diver)  :)) ::)

This one is Northern Loon :)

And here, his relative, Red Throated Diver :)

I think divers are wonderful birds, they are among my favorites. Of course they do have beautiful patterns, feathers and shape but most of all I like their voices, I wish to see (and hear) them in real life one day :D

brontodocus

Thanks for posting, Ana, these are really wonderful! :) I hope Maia & Borges will have the success they deserve. I only have three of their 2012 figures (Blue Whale, Right Whale, and Common Dolphin) but they are all excellent. I was't sure about the aquatic birds - until I saw your photos! 8)

Ana

Quote from: brontodocus on January 12, 2013, 02:46:40 PM
Thanks for posting, Ana, these are really wonderful! :) I hope Maia & Borges will have the success they deserve. I only have three of their 2012 figures (Blue Whale, Right Whale, and Common Dolphin) but they are all excellent. I was't sure about the aquatic birds - until I saw your photos! 8)

Thank You :)

And I'm happy to hear that they are now in Your wishlist too! Yes, I think I can recommend these birds :)

I like species selection of Maia and Borges, not only loons but also Tufted duck, Wood duck, Falcated duck and horned grebe, they are for me quite hard to resist :D Hope M&B will become popular brand :)

Jetoar

Cool figures. I like the details and colors of these figures  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Varanus

Quote from: Jetoar on January 12, 2013, 08:47:10 PM
Cool figures. I like the details and colors of these figures  ^-^.
I agree, very nice figures. :)

I actually just saw two Red-throated Loons/Divers yesterday!

~The Mandarin~

Number 6 in the Ogasawara series is the Short-tailed albatross (Phoebastria albatrus). The wingspan of this albatross figurine measures roughly 11.5cm (1:20 scale).

widukind

Jetoar

postsaurischian

brontodocus

postsaurischian

Series:   Kaiyodo (Sapporo) - Hokkaido Figure Winter Version
                                                                                       (This is figure No.10)

compared to Nature Techni Colour 'Nature of Japan' vol.1 No.05 (left) & Kaiyodo 'Natural Monuments of Japan' No.27 (middle)

brontodocus

Wow, brilliant! :-) I couldn't even decide which of the three I like more. And I wonder what Niroot would say when he sees these! 8)

postsaurischian

This is definitely my favourite one :).
I had a similar experience with this one as you had once with the Agatsuma Tardigrade. I saw a picture of it, I think it was on STS, not sure - I could not find it anymore  and after a few months I wasn't sure if it really existed or if it was a dream ;D
.... until I accidentally stumbled over it on Jauce a few weeks ago ... had to get it immediately :D!  It's such a wonderful Dinosaur pose :-[ ;D!

Himmapaan

Squeee!! That's what I would say.  :)) I only have the Nature Technicolor one and a different one by Kaiyodo.

I'm such a poor member. I haven't been around the forums for ages.  :-[ I only spotted this one quite by chance via the ATF Facebook page.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Himmapaan on February 13, 2014, 10:45:18 PM
Squeee!! That's what I would say.  :)) I only have the Nature Technicolor one and a different one by Kaiyodo.

I'm such a poor member. I haven't been around the forums for ages.  :-[ I only spotted this one quite by chance via the ATF Facebook page.

It's nice the sizes are so similar. Great for display and dioramas.

Jetoar

One of the best replicas of this bird. Kaiyodo and its quality are awesome, I like it  ^-^.

postsaurischian

:) Thank you for the comments!

:D Hurra! I could reactivate you! I wasn't sure if you were still around here - glad you are :).

So facebook is at least good for one thing ;D (no, I'm not talking about the Arabian revolution).

Himmapaan

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 14, 2014, 09:45:25 AM
:) Thank you for the comments!

:D Hurra! I could reactivate you! I wasn't sure if you were still around here - glad you are :).

So facebook is at least good for one thing ;D (no, I'm not talking about the Arabian revolution).

:))

I'm still around. :) Just not as attentive as I ought to be.  :-[

postsaurischian

Quote from: Himmapaan on February 14, 2014, 08:24:47 PM
I'm still around. :) Just not as attentive as I ought to be.  :-[

Cool :). I might enjoy the forum thing a little bit more knowing that you're watchin' ;).

widukind

I really love the Kaiyodo Natural Monuments version  :)