News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

My first homemade model!

Started by Isidro, October 21, 2019, 03:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctinus

Quote from: Isidro on March 07, 2021, 08:16:28 PM
Thanks for your kind words!

Quote from: Arctinus on March 07, 2021, 05:50:33 PM
You could be selling these critters.  :o

I could accept commisions, even when my models are far from being as good as most of the modern branded ones.

Well, they look good to me.  :)) And I'll keep that in mind.  ;D
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

Isidro

Two new homemades sculpted last thursday and painted yesterday (but finished too late for posting them in the forum).

1. The golden pheasant (Chrysolophus pictus). The figure number 34 from my 100 "to do" list. My boyfriend already chose the 85, that resulted in the whooping crane. And the 94 is done too. So still I have 97 figures pending to do :P

I absolutely loved how it resulted. Quite satisfactory. It may be a very common species that most small roadside zoos have and can be seen even in garden centers and pet shops, but still is one of the most atonishingly beautiful birds of the words, and in animal figurines I appreciate beautiful species with fabulous colours.

faisan1.jpg
Faisan2.jpg
Faisan3.jpg

I have for now two pheasants: the golden and the Bulwer's. Here together:
Faisan4.jpg

And with some other Chinese pals:
Faisan5.jpg

Isidro

And now a model that is less impressive, but still I like a lot: the ribbon moray (Rhinomuraena quaesita). Despite having only two colours, it resulted almost as difficult to paint than the multicolor golden pheasant, because one must paint inside very closed curves almost hidden under other other sections of the body.

I know a japanese brand (I think Colorata) already did one, but I find it too big for my taste, so I made a smaller one. Ribbon morays are small morays (at least those I've seen in aquaria).

morena1.jpg
morena2.jpg

With other tropical coral reef dwellers:
morena3.jpg

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on March 13, 2021, 02:57:58 PM
And now a model that is less impressive, but still I like a lot: the ribbon moray (Rhinomuraena quaesita). Despite having only two colours, it resulted almost as difficult to paint than the multicolor golden pheasant, because one must paint inside very closed curves almost hidden under other other sections of the body.

I know a japanese brand (I think Colorata) already did one, but I find it too big for my taste, so I made a smaller one. Ribbon morays are small morays (at least those I've seen in aquaria).

morena1.jpg
morena2.jpg

With other tropical coral reef dwellers:
morena3.jpg
Looking good. Yes indeed the colorata ribbon eel is too big, at 17cm