News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

2013 figures

Started by tyrantqueen, December 06, 2012, 06:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Edit (Admin) - 2013 is turning out to be such a bumper year in terms of new releases that there are too many figures to feature in a single thread! So, I've created a separate thread for each of the major companies instead:

CollectA -New for 2013
Mojo Fun - New for 2013
Scheich - New for 2013
Safari Ltd - New for 2013

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Jetoar

Good post friend, MOJO we are doing quality figures as Schleich or Safari  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Jetoar on December 06, 2012, 06:32:14 PM
Good post friend, MOJO we are doing quality figures as Schleich or Safari  ^-^.
Thanks :) There are a couple I've missed, but hopefully other members will help out there.

My favourites so far are the Griffon Vulture, Screech Owl, and the Maned Wolf 8)

Jetoar

Have you seen the new of Schleich? They have done a Griffon Vulture, Blue macaw and Blue Ara  ^-^

AnimalToyForum

Wow, 2013 looks like a bumper year! :o

tyrantqueen

QuoteHave you seen the new of Schleich? They have done a Griffon Vulture, Blue macaw and Blue Ara
Post em :)

Gwangi

So many beautiful models. I knew I shouldn't have looked here. I really like the Tapirs, Griffon Vulture and Przewalski Stallion. I think I can find an excuse to get those last two with one being a dinosaur and the other having lived during the ice age.

Seijun

I dont see how the weedy seadragon can be new. I bought that figure a year or two ago. Same figure, same paint scheme.

Jetoar

Other plastic?. My MBA Tiguer shark are of placic hard and the new was made with rubber  ^-^.

brontodocus

I don't know, I remember the weedy seadragon was retired, eventually (I should check some of the past years catalogues, I think it was missing for a year or so). Different plastic is interesting, I know that one of the DTF members once bought a Wildlife Wonders Polar Bear which was of a softer material than mine, so there may be some inconsistencies. On the other hand, the older MBA figures might get more rigid over the years (possibly from losing plasticiser?) like many old figures do. But again, it's possible that not always the same plastic was used for the same model.

tyrantqueen

QuoteI dont see how the weedy seadragon can be new. I bought that figure a year or two ago. Same figure, same paint scheme.
I posted it because it was included in Safari's "new for 2013" lineup. Should I remove it?

Varanus

I need that CollectA Zebra Shark!!! :o  I think it's way better than Safari's as its tail is appropriately long. :))

Jetoar

Yes friend, I think the same that you. Safari zebra shark is cool but the collecta version is more accurate than Safari. My girlfriend want one of this figure  ^-^.

Varanus

Didn't CollectA have a new river dolphin coming out too? ???

brontodocus

Yes, and it's a Platanista 8), could it be that's the first ever made figure of those?

tyrantqueen

These were already posted at STS, but why not show them here too?

Schleich Sealion

Schleich Seaturtle

Schleich Seals

Schleich Blue Shark

Schleich Blue Whale

Schleich Bottlenose Dolphin

Schleich Koala

Schleich Grizzlies

Mojo Proboscis Monkey

Mojo Gaur Bull

Schleich Black Panther

Schleich Blue and Gold Macaw

CollectA Tapir Calf

Schleich Hyacinth Macaw

Schleich chimps

Schleich Hippos

Schleich Beaver

Mojo Moose

Schleich Otter

Schleich Red Squirrel

sbell

Why is it always a bottlenose? There are so many more interesting dolphins and porpoises.

Kikimalou

Quote from: sbell on December 11, 2012, 04:30:21 AM
Why is it always a bottlenose? There are so many more interesting dolphins and porpoises.

At least CollectA is making a white-sided Pacific dolphin in 2013, and a Pilot whale...

Jetoar

Will Schleich do a huge  Blue whale? I am interesting. Blue Sharks is so cute  and e the new Grizzlies are amazing ^-^.