News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Brazilian animals sorted by ecoregions

Started by DiegoMoura, April 20, 2018, 04:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiegoMoura

Hey!

I'm a brazilian biologist and I collect brazilian fauna! Recently I got new ones, so I decided to take some pics of dividing them according to Brazil's ecoregions. If you know any other brazilian animal that is not here, please let me know! They're hard to find because no brands sells them here (weird, isn't it?). Hope y'all enjoy and learn a little bit

Brazilian savannah, the Cerrado:

(Toco toucan, golden-blue macaw, maned wolf and the giant anteater

Amazon jungle part 1.:

Brazilian tapyr and its calf, Alligator and its calf (I know it's the american alligator, I'm gonna re-paint it to become the brazilian one) and a red macaw

Amazon jungle part 2:

Howler monkey, black jaguar, manatee and the harpy eagle

Brazilian wetlands, the pantanal:

Green anaconda, blue macaw, jaguar, capybara and its cubs and a roseata spoonbill

Brazilian pseudo-desert, the Caatinga:

Puma, Rattlesnake and the tamandua small anteater 

Atlantic Rainforest:

Green beak toucan, three toed sloth, ocelot, boa and a tree frog

bmathison1972

Hi, welcome to the forum. Nice pics and nice presentation!

If you collect figures from the Japanese companies, there are a lot of Brazilian beetles and some fish, too.

stemturtle

Beautiful displays. There is a set that is hard to find, but single pieces show up in lots on eBay: Play Visions Manu Amazon set of 8, 1998, see on Animal Toy Info.

Can you identify the species of the Safari howler? The genus is Alouatta. My best guess is the black howler.

Beetle guy

Welcome to the forum! Nice pics!

This set was released in 2015 by the Japanese company Tomy Takara A.R.T.S. The blue/gray D. hercules was a secret figurine with the set. It is still for purchase on some Japanese sites like Buyee and Rakuten. This is the Japanese for using google ;-) If you need a link where to purchase let me know. below some pic's found in google.
最大生物 アマゾン編

To beetle or not to beetle.

stemturtle

Good advice, Beetle guy. Welcome, DiegoMoura.
The Takara Tomy set of Amazon animals is available on eBay.
$10 shipping to Brazil.

bmathison1972

I didn't realize there was a blue version of the Dynastes. I have the yellow version and it is one of my favorite D. hercules figures!

DiegoMoura

Thank you all! Yeah, that is a great set, I didn't know it!! It's on my wishlist now haha

The Alouatta is probably A. caraya, which makes my diorama wrong, because A. caraya does not live in the Amazon lol gonna need take new pics.

I'm really new to this, any websites I can look for it regarding japanese brands? I've checked Collecta, Safari, Papo and Schleich, I don't know other ones lol

Thank you again! xx

Beetle guy

Quote from: DiegoMoura on April 22, 2018, 12:15:25 AM
Thank you all! Yeah, that is a great set, I didn't know it!! It's on my wishlist now haha

The Alouatta is probably A. caraya, which makes my diorama wrong, because A. caraya does not live in the Amazon lol gonna need take new pics.

I'm really new to this, any websites I can look for it regarding japanese brands? I've checked Collecta, Safari, Papo and Schleich, I don't know other ones lol

Thank you again! xx

Here you can buy the whole set: http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/shopping/yuyou_g150553s01?lang=chs for 14 US dollars, This is not including the gray hercules I think. When these set arent sold by shops anymore, the prices go up very much because the single figurines and whole sets are considerd collectors items.
Buyee is a forwarding service I have used for 7 years, I can recomend them when buying from Japan.

How Buyee works
You will have to make a Buyee account. Their website is in English as well. It is handy if you have a PayPal account.
They will buy your item and charge you a fee. They will do the purchase and let you know when the items arrive at their wearhouse. Then you choose a shipping option and make payment for the domestic shipping (seller to Buyee) and international shipping (Buyee to your house)

To beetle or not to beetle.

Animalibus

I'm Brazilian too and a zoologist. If you are interested in Brazilian animals I also suggest marine animals such as sharks, cetaceans and turtles. There are several species that are available and occur on our coast. Recently the golden lion tamarin (Papo 50227) and one more sloth (Schleich 14793) were also released. Hugs.

DiegoMoura

Quote from: Animalibus on September 18, 2018, 12:26:14 AM
I'm Brazilian too and a zoologist. If you are interested in Brazilian animals I also suggest marine animals such as sharks, cetaceans and turtles. There are several species that are available and occur on our coast. Recently the golden lion tamarin (Papo 50227) and one more sloth (Schleich 14793) were also released. Hugs.

Hey! Good to know more brazilian collectors! Yeah, I'm still planning my journey to the brazilian sea animal figures hahah

I just saw the king Vulture from Safari as well, so amazing!