News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo - New for 2018

Started by bmathison1972, August 26, 2017, 10:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

The first Sofubi Toy Box figures are announced for 2018:

1. Red-claw crab (Chiromantes haematocheir), January 2018

2. Two for the 'Spring', an emperor scorpion (this appears to be an unpainted prototype) and Tyrannosaurus rex.

sauroid

they are gorgeous and for someone who used to keep a lot of Pandinus and Heterometrus spp. that emperor scropion fig is especially attractive.

Beetle guy

Although not in my collecting corner, these look really good!!
To beetle or not to beetle.

Beetle guy

I wonder... has Kaiyodo stopped making CapsuleQ animal sets. Seems a poor year, especially arthropodwise.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Beetle guy on August 30, 2017, 12:19:49 PM
I wonder... has Kaiyodo stopped making CapsuleQ animal sets. Seems a poor year, especially arthropodwise.

Most of the 2017 CQ sets have not been animals, no. Not sure if it's just ebb and flow or what.

I however am super excited for that crab

Beetle guy

This set will be released round april. The comic characters corresponding to the sets animals will be released later.

postsaurischian

^ Serval and Shoebill (which seems to be bigger than previous ones) are must-haves for me :) . Thanks for the info!

sauroid

Quote from: Beetle guy on January 11, 2018, 01:44:27 PM
This set will be released round april. The comic characters corresponding to the sets animals will be released later.

im not really sure if that hand-figure contrast is accurate but are these figures the same scale as the major brands or a bit smaller?

postsaurischian

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 26, 2018, 11:25:54 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on January 26, 2018, 08:59:07 PM

This set has just been released. Must have the Tree Frog and the two white Axolotl figures :D !

Thanks Helge, but this should go under Ikamon-Nature Techni Colour, not Kaiyodo  ;)

Oops! Sorry for that. Maybe it was too late in the evening.
Maybe you could delete the quoted picture as well.

Quote from: sauroid on January 27, 2018, 03:45:26 AM
Quote from: Beetle guy on January 11, 2018, 01:44:27 PM
im not really sure if that hand-figure contrast is accurate but are these figures the same scale as the major brands or a bit smaller?

I guess they are smaller than the major companies' figures, but bigger than the usual Kaiyodo size.

Beetle guy

The green capsule (of the capsule Q museum series) will be the best reference  for the one piece animals.

sauroid

postsaurischian

The Alligator and the Kiwi are MUST-HAVES :D !! (Maybe these are Kaiyodo figures, I don't know)
To be released in fall 2018.

stargatedalek

They are Kaiyodo. I've no interest in most of these but that alligator and kiwi are beautiful, though I'll wait until the set is close to release so I can be certain of prices, I'd rather risk missing out on getting them than them being particularly pricey and already being locked in and then chickening out last minute and being an inconvenience.

bmathison1972

this is Kaiyodo but I cannot figure out how to merge topics. I have the rights but can't figure it out  LOL. Maybe Adam will see this and do it  ::)

These are nice; I appreciate Kaiyodo is expanding outside of Japan's fauna even if the animals are few and far between. Some of these would be nicer if they didn't have the 'captivity' feel to them.

bmathison1972

I successfully merged them!

By the way, the T-rex is available now (in green, too) but the crab is delayed.

bmathison1972

This has been revealed for a while, but posting to ATF as well. The next Wild Bush set from Kaiyodo, due later this year. While nothing for me, it is nice to see Kaiyodo expanding beyond Asian species. I wonder if this means they will do one of these for every continent?

Beetle guy

The detail looks very good in these ones!

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 23, 2018, 11:49:31 PM
this is Kaiyodo but I cannot figure out how to merge topics. I have the rights but can't figure it out  LOL. Maybe Adam will see this and do it  ::)

These are nice; I appreciate Kaiyodo is expanding outside of Japan's fauna even if the animals are few and far between. Some of these would be nicer if they didn't have the 'captivity' feel to them.

Sorry, I didn't see it, but glad you worked it out. Feel free to mention me with an "@" in the future, that'll ensure I see certain posts.

Also, great to see some new Kaiyodo animals. They look good from the promo pics and, knowing Kaiyodo, I'm sure they will look as good in reality!

brettnj

Hey.

Both Wild Rush 3 (which is awesome (has three figures I've long hoped but never thought the company would make)) and a new Kaiyodo Revoltech arthropod line (as well as an odd new set of 5 Dinotales discussed on the DTF) release in December.

I'll forward the photos to post to the first person who PMs with an e-mail address, or better, who e-mails if you have my address.

Thanks.
Brett

bmathison1972

I have all your pics Brett, I will try to do it this weekend if someone else doesn't get to it first. Kaiyodo is about to burst open!