News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Movie

Started by akitalover, March 15, 2017, 04:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akitalover

This movie scared my cousins but they do love dinosour.

Advicot

Entertaining but very inaccurate.  ::)
Don't I take long uploading photos!

sirenia

Not bad at all, but hardly a palaeontologically accurate show.

Arctinus

The dinosaurs in Jurassic World (and Jurassic Park, obviously) are far from being scientifically accurate, but I still love the movies as I grew up with the Jurassic Park ones.  ;D And besides, the dinosaurs in the movies are genetically modified anyway.  :P

If you loved Jurassic Park, you should check out Jurassic World: Camp Cretacious. It's an animated series, but dinos are top-notch (CGI-wise, of course) and it's been confirmed that the story is Jurassic World canon. This means that we get some insight into other things that happened during the first (maybe also the second movie in season 2) movie that we didn't get to see in on-screen.  ^-^
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

JimoAi

I despised all jurassic movies except the 1993 Jurassic Park

bmathison1972

Well, it depends on how you view them. If you view them as natural history documentaries you will be disappointed. If you watch them for what they are, science fiction monster movies, you'll enjoy them much better LOL.

Frankly, when the first JP came out, I was disappointed, mainly because the way the director butchered half the characters from how they were in the novel. But the first is still the best. The first Jurassic World was also fun, but the second was horrible (IMO).

sirenia

Always gonna be tricky adapting a novel like that. Lucky with what we got.

Physeter macrocephalus

JP raptors get more innaccurate trought the years the first 1993 one is still innaccurate but more accurate then others because it doesnt look like the real animal.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Physeter macrocephalus on December 19, 2020, 06:16:12 AM
JP raptors get more innaccurate trought the years the first 1993 one is still innaccurate but more accurate then others because it looks like velociraptor of that time.
It really doesn't though. The proportions, size, and skull shape have never matched up with a real Dromaeosaur. Aside from feathers Velociraptors appearance was pretty well understood long before Jurassic Park was made.

Physeter macrocephalus

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 19, 2020, 06:53:17 AM
JP raptors get more innaccurate trought the years the first 1993 one is still innaccurate but more accurate then others because it looks like velociraptor of that time.
It really doesn't though. The proportions, size, and skull shape have never matched up with a real Dromaeosaur. Aside from feathers Velociraptors appearance was pretty well understood long before Jurassic Park was made.

Well in 1993 feathers study never made.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Physeter macrocephalus on December 19, 2020, 01:46:35 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on December 19, 2020, 06:53:17 AM

Well in 1993 feathers study never made.
I'm saying there are many things fundamentally and objectively inaccurate about the JP Velociraptors that were known prior to the films production.

Saying the JP raptors aren't accurate to real Velociraptors because they don't have feathers is like saying the dog creatures from Ghostbusters aren't accurate to real wolves because they don't have fur. There are far more fundamental differences long before feathers are even in consideration.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 16, 2020, 01:34:08 PM
Well, it depends on how you view them. If you view them as natural history documentaries you will be disappointed. If you watch them for what they are, science fiction monster movies, you'll enjoy them much better LOL.

Frankly, when the first JP came out, I was disappointed, mainly because the way the director butchered half the characters from how they were in the novel. But the first is still the best. The first Jurassic World was also fun, but the second was horrible (IMO).
I think the JP movie characters are a lot better than the novel. Everyone in the novel is an asshole

Cachalot

I never read the novel series, so I just have the movies to go by.  I enjoyed the series.  Jurassic world was enjoyable for me.
Thar She Blows!