News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kong: Skull Island

Started by akitalover, March 14, 2017, 03:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Gwangi on May 18, 2020, 06:27:46 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on May 18, 2020, 03:16:11 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on May 18, 2020, 01:26:48 PM
Quote from: suspsy on May 18, 2020, 02:12:57 AM
I rather liked the 2005 KK film, but KSI blew it away completely. Better design for Kong, better monsters, better fight scenes, better cast, better everything.

I didn't mind the design for the 2005 Kong but I would have to watch it again in order to compare it to KSI. What really sold the 2005 Kong for me was the world building (Skull Island itself), the personality given to Kong (thanks to Andy Serkis), and the relationship between Kong and Ann that I felt was handled very well. I don't feel like KSI fleshed Kong out enough as a character so in that aspect I feel like Kong 2005 is superior.

You know, as much as I prefered KSI, I also noticed they didn't delve much, at all really, into the 'relationship' between Kong and 'the girl' which has always been a central point to his character. Maybe they are saving it for Godzilla vs. Kong...

I got the impression that they wanted to tell a different story, one that would tie into the Monsterverse, and that rehashing the plot of the other Kong movies (for the 4th time) wasn't their motivation and would derail from the story they wanted to tell. They wanted to make a movie with King Kong in it but not a re-make of the movie King Kong. If that makes sense. I was happy with the result, it was new and refreshing. I didn't need a relationship between Kong and a lady and honestly I think the 2005 movie excelled with that aspect anyway.

Yeah, I was relieved that there really wasn't a lot of focus on Kong's affection for Bree Larson's character. Been there, done that.

sirenia

It did try something new, which was a breath of fresh air.

sirenia

This was actually the first film I saw after getting my car. Nearly lost the parking ticket, but managed to find it in the end, thank goodness.