News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Sirenia: Manatees and Kin

Started by Takama, October 30, 2016, 12:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

This was part of the Second Series Released in the USA

brontodocus

Walk-around of the CollectA Sea Life 88766 Dugong, Dugong dugon (Müller, 1776). The figure was one of CollectA's 2016 releases. Total length is approx. 142 mm so the scale ranges between 1:18 and 1:28. Human figures (Andreas Köpke by Minimen, Freddie the Free Diver by Safari Ltd, and standing man from Safari Ltd People in Motion Toob) are 1:20, approx. 1:22.5 - 1:24, and approx. 1:23 - 1:27 scale, respectively. Due to hunting and habitat loss the global population of Dugongs is in decline and as a consequence, IUCN considers the species' conservation status "Vulnerable".

CetaceanFan

I love this figure, depicting a pretty obscure animal

brontodocus

Quote from: CetaceanFan on February 08, 2017, 12:47:38 AM
I love this figure, depicting a pretty obscure animal
Thanks! :) As far as I know this is the first Dugong from a figure company outside of Japan (at least Kaiyodo and Takar Tomy A.R.T.S already made Dugong figures).

bmathison1972

Walkaround of the West Indian manatee, Trichechus manatus Linnaeus, 1758 by Papo,Wildlife, new this year for 2019.

When I started my Synoptic Collection, this figure had just been announced. I was trying to decide if I wanted this one, or the CollectA figure, but since this one came out early enough, I gave it a chance.

The figure is 14.0 cm, making it 1:19-1:25 in scale.

Alongside the CollectA dugong; both figures are about the same length.

Isidro

It's a bit more glossy than I expected from the promo image, but still the best manatee in the trade! :) I love the belly wrinkles :-)

Beetle guy

To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Isidro on April 06, 2019, 05:10:21 AM
It's a bit more glossy than I expected from the promo image, but still the best manatee in the trade! :) I love the belly wrinkles :-)

Thanks Isidro; I was hoping you'd still like it! It's not too glossy in-hand.