News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo - New for 2017

Started by brontodocus, September 21, 2016, 06:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Yes, they are merely colour variants (or just rereleases, the Phelsuma grandis and Nephrurus levis look like the older ones) of already released figures. Quite disappointing. So now there are seven versions of the same Leopard Gecko altogether? :P Instead they could have repainted the Phelsuma grandis to a different large species, e.g. P. standingi, that would have been nice. But more important, no new sculpt makes me probably pass on this set.

stargatedalek

http://hlj.com/product/KYD00319

http://hlj.com/product/KYD00318

http://hlj.com/product/KYD00312

http://hlj.com/product/KYD00309

More photos of the Mega Sofubi Caterpillar, Penguin, Woodlouse, and Giant Salamander.

The penguin in particular I can't wait for, a 1:1 penguin; how could I not be!

If anyone is interested in these, I'm going to be making a large order with most of the Mega Sofubi and a few Monster Hunter items in June so it may save some money to combine shipping to North America.

brontodocus

The new ones are phantastic! 8) Of course I'll have to get the Armadillidium vulgare! By the way, these are Sofubi Toy Box, they aren't part of the Mega Sofubi Advance series which, so far, only has two figures representing extant animals. The Humboldt Penguin looks excellent but it is definitely smaller than 1:1, I think 1:2 may be more realistic, even though it's one of the smaller penguin species.

Beetle guy

Armadillidium vulgare on the wishlist....check!
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

For those of you interested, the Sofubi Toy Box caterpillar has been released....and retired! It's already becoming difficult to get, but it is available on several US ebay sites from Japan (and I presume others, including stars' Hobbylink link above, but sure for how much longer). If you want one, you might want to grab one on ebay, they are currently running in the $35-50 USD range! I bought one last night from an ebay dealer from Japan...

Jetoar

Lizards look to be really good  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

bmathison1972

Some more Kaiyodo 2017. The cats are available now; not sure about the owls.

uploadimage

uploadimage

sauroid

pass with the cutey/cartoony cats but the owls are awesome

brontodocus

Yes, the owls look phantastic! 8) I should grab them before they are getting rare like the first set.

akitalover

This forum is way too cool, these toys really looks like a replica of a real animal. Are these toys expensive?

sauroid

i dont like the captive owl concept though

BlueKrono

Quote from: sauroid on March 13, 2017, 09:13:00 AM
i dont like the captive owl concept though

Harry Potter fans will though = $$$
I like turtles.

stargatedalek

Are captive owls unusual? I met someone once who had a saw-whet.

BlueKrono

That's a good question. I wouldn't think raptors would do well in captivity, but then I have a friend who does falconry, leading hunting expeditions in Mongolia. He has a golden eagle, and I think a hawk or two. People have been doing that for centuries, so why not owls?
I like turtles.

stargatedalek

Corvids do very well in captivity, arguably better than parrots, so more docile and/or less wandering birds of prey like owls could potentially fair quite well too. At least in terms of adapting to captivity in general, I doubt they'd make for particularly affectionate house pets like highly social birds do.

sauroid

im not for keeping large raptors in captivity, unless the keeper can allow them to soar in the sky a few hours a day. even huge colosseum sized enclosures arent enough for them.
it is tantamount to keeping cetaceans in a million gallon pool. just not enough.

BlueKrono

What about a six million gallon pool?
I like turtles.

bmathison1972

you guys know, you can always display them, on the stands but not in the cages (that's what I would do if I were a generalist and bought this set).

stargatedalek

I don't think they even come with the cages, they're just part of the background.

From what very little of pet owls I've seen they don't behave at all like other birds of prey do in zoos, and are generally not kept in cages but instead left to wander through the home like a macaw or even a cat would be. Owls generally wander a lot less than other birds of prey, especially smaller ones like barn owls (which are seemingly the most common as pets, probably because they're more sociable than most).

sauroid

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 14, 2017, 12:05:21 PM
What about a six million gallon pool?
even 10 million gal. pool.  ;)

i know youre just joking but cetaceans need unlimited space to travel/roam