News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Lovely Salamanders

Started by postsaurischian, January 01, 2013, 12:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Another Japanese Giant Salamander by Nature Techni Colour :):

>  Nature of Japan Vol.1 No.07   >> walk around

brontodocus

Wonderful figure and what a great walk-around with this outdoor scene! :D Oh, it almost catched its meal... ;D

~The Mandarin~

Terrific sculpt and pictures! It's so life-like in this setting!

brontodocus

Oh, and what I forgot to ask: Since it's apparently quite big, is it comparable in size to the Kyoto Aquarium resin one?

brontodocus

Ah, great to see that you finally have the Tennessee Aquarium Fire Salamander, Helge! :)

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments!
This was a tough photo session, because I had to swim to that tree trunk and I had to concentrate hard to take care the camera doesn't get wet. I was glad everything went well and I think I won't do that again - the camera was too expensive ;D.

Quote from: brontodocus on July 16, 2013, 01:13:30 PM
Oh, and what I forgot to ask: Since it's apparently quite big, is it comparable in size to the Kyoto Aquarium resin one?

No it's still smaller - about the size of the Kaiyodo NMoJ figure. The other NTC model is rather small.

stemturtle

Anderson's crocodile newt, Echinotriton andersoni (Kaiyodo)

The CapsuleQ Museum line issued Part 2, # 14a. Sauroid already posted a photo of this species by Furuta in Reply #16 of this topic.  We can compare how the quality has improved for this new figure.  The red warts along the sides are a warning that the ends of the ribs stick out.  Literally hard to swallow.  ;)

postsaurischian

Quote from: stemturtle on July 18, 2013, 12:51:21 AM

Oh! Beautiful - I want this one :).

brontodocus

Looks great! :) I have the Furuta one which shows a lot less detail.

Jetoar

One of my favorites newts  ^-^.

copper

i have the brown version of the anderson's crocodile newt (capsuleq museum line)

stemturtle

Quote from: copper on July 27, 2013, 12:35:31 PM
i have the brown version of the anderson's crocodile newt (capsuleq museum line)

Looks like delicious milk chocolate!

postsaurischian

Series:   Furuta ChocoEgg Series 07
                              (This is the secret figure of the series)

postsaurischian

Not exactly a Salamander, but related ;). I don't know where else to put it.

Kaiyodo / Takara white Axolotl
                                      >>  walk around

brontodocus

I have the golden version. :) Another excellent walk-around, Helge! :) I hope you didn't risk your camera again as you did for your walk-around of the Nature of Japan Japanese Giant Salamander? :o ;D

brontodocus

Don't worry, in English "salamander" is more widely used than in German and may also mean Caudata as a whole (in German that would be "Schwanzlurch"). :)

Jetoar

Wondeful Kaiyodo figure  ^-^.

Jetoar

tyrantqueen

I like the fact that you did the photography outside on a lily pad.

And I can't look at Axolotl without thinking of mudkips...

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....