News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New title banner (2016)

Started by AnimalToyForum, January 10, 2016, 04:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Suggestions for figures to include, please! :D

stemturtle

How about the floating fire belly newt from the set of 6 by Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour?

stargatedalek

bmathison1972

as does the spoonbill from Safari and the shoebill and maybe the thorny devil and one of the antelopes from CollectA. It's too bad Kaiyodo hasn't announced much lately. If Schleich is to be represented, then the pangolin and pelican are good choices.

stargatedalek

All great candidates! I say the Kitan newt and the spoonbill as they are among the more unique in my opinion.

bmathison1972

I'd also prefer the older style with several animals on one banner. For one, I like to see a parade of critters. Secondly, this simpler format never did get updated I think  :-X

If you do go with multiple species in one banner, I'd encourage being taxonomically diverse. The STS forum ahs had some interesting banners lately but they are very mammal heavy (with a rare bird or dinosaur).

brontodocus

Great ideas so far! :) My favourites would be these: CollectA's Shoebill and Grevy's Zebra (their Blainville's Beaked Whale may not have optimal proportions to fit our banner though it's an instant favourite). And Safari Ltd Spoonbill, Cassowary, and Wildlife Wonders Moose. And Papo's new Marabou and Tarantula wolf spider.

Edit:
Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 11, 2016, 09:47:12 PM
I'd also prefer the older style with several animals on one banner. For one, I like to see a parade of critters. Secondly, this simpler format never did get updated I think  :-X

If you do go with multiple species in one banner, I'd encourage being taxonomically diverse. The STS forum ahs had some interesting banners lately but they are very mammal heavy (with a rare bird or dinosaur).
...and I agree with Blaine on that a wide taxonomic variety and more figures would be cool! 8)

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on January 11, 2016, 09:53:20 PM
Great ideas so far! :) My favourites would be these: CollectA's Shoebill and Grevy's Zebra (their Blainville's Beaked Whale may not have optimal proportions to fit our banner though it's an instant favourite). And Safari Ltd Spoonbill, Cassowary, and Wildlife Wonders Moose. And Papo's new Marabou and Tarantula wolf spider.

Edit:
Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 11, 2016, 09:47:12 PM

...and I agree with Blaine on that a wide taxonomic variety and more figures would be cool! 8)

Papo is doing a spider?!?!?  :o :o :o That would be their first arthropod. I must find one!

edit: and a scorpion too.

AnimalToyForum

Thanks for the excellent suggestions!

The more figures, the more work, which is one reason why I simplified the header to have just two book ends. Trying to arrange several figures alongside each other so that the colours and shapes are balanced is more tricky than you might think :) However, If anyone has the time to give it a go they are very welcome.

I like the floating newt but it is an awkward shape to fit into the header. We can give it a try...

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on January 13, 2016, 07:36:49 PM
Thanks for the excellent suggestions!

The more figures, the more work, which is one reason why I simplified the header to have just two book ends. Trying to arrange several figures alongside each other so that the colours and shapes are balanced is more tricky than you might think :) However, If anyone has the time to give it a go they are very welcome.

I like the floating newt but it is an awkward shape to fit into the header. We can give it a try...

I have a photoshop suite and can give it a try. If so you can send an older example to use for reference and a template? My photoshop is at work so send to my work email (I will send it in a PM)

AnimalToyForum

Thanks to Blaine for creating the 2016 banner, showing a great mixture of companies and taxa. Possibly the first of several banner designs for this year!

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on January 25, 2016, 06:50:25 PM
Thanks to Blaine for creating the 2016 banner, showing a great mixture of companies and taxa. Possibly the first of several banner designs for this year!

Thanks Adam, glad you like it. It is easily editable and I'd like to mix it up through the year, as more figures get announced. I plan on keeping the contents to those figures released this calendar year. So, feel free to keep the suggestions flowing.

brontodocus

Excellent work and many thanks, Blaine! :)

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sbell

Looks great. Needs a freshwater fish.... :P