News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Paleo-Cretaures: Pleistocene fauna.

Started by Jetoar, September 10, 2015, 11:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Hi partners. I have decided to do a new line of figures. This line is about of Pleistocene fauna of Europe and other places of the world.

The first model of this line is:

Aurochs (Bos primigenius). escale 1:20 (14cm).

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Awesome, Jetoar!  8) And an excellent choice, too!  :)

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on September 12, 2015, 04:38:12 PM
Awesome, Jetoar!  8) And an excellent choice, too!  :)

Thanks Brontodocus  ^-^. I have changed some things of it to do it more accurate  ^-^. I will show the changes I have done it  ^-^.

postsaurischian

:) Really excellent choice (and scale)! I'm looking forward to seeing the new pics!

Jetoar

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 12, 2015, 09:28:59 PM
:) Really excellent choice (and scale)! I'm looking forward to seeing the new pics!

Thanks partner  ^-^, tomorrow I´ll share images of my last creation  ^-^.

Jetoar

Hi partners. I have decided to do a new line of figures. This line is about of Pleistocene fauna of Europe and other places of the world.

The the second model of this line is:

Narrow-nosed Rhinoceros (Stephanorinus hemitoechus). escale 1:20 (14 cm).

Extra: size comparison with Aurochs.

sbell

Very cool. You create a Pachycrocuta, and I will find you a home for it!

Jetoar

Quote from: sbell on September 14, 2015, 01:54:26 AM

Thanks Sbell, I was thinking to do a members of Hyaenidae family because Crocuta crocuta is the most important carnivore in our digging site, but Pachycrocuta brevirostris is a good option too. Do you have any suggestions about position or sculpture of this future model?

sbell

Quote from: Jetoar on September 14, 2015, 02:02:15 AM

Thanks Sbell, I was thinking to do a members of Hyaenidae family because Crocuta crocuta is the most important carnivore in our digging site, but Pachycrocuta brevirostris is a good option too. Do you have any suggestions about position or sculpture of this future model?

Hyenas are kind of like dogs--there's only so much you can do with them in terms of pose! Maybe a loping pose, as in a chase, instead of the usual standing? I do know that, from what we understand, they should probably look more like a Brown hyena than a spotted.

And yeah, Crocuta would be the most common--but those have been done by almost everyone! Pachycrocuta has never been done!

Jetoar

Quote from: sbell on September 14, 2015, 03:31:09 AM
Quote from: Jetoar on September 14, 2015, 02:02:15 AM

Hyenas are kind of like dogs--there's only so much you can do with them in terms of pose! Maybe a loping pose, as in a chase, instead of the usual standing? I do know that, from what we understand, they should probably look more like a Brown hyena than a spotted.

And yeah, Crocuta would be the most common--but those have been done by almost everyone! Pachycrocuta has never been done!

Thanks for your suggestions, I have an idea to do it  ^-^.

Jetoar

Hi partners, I show you  a new revision of my models because i made some changes  ^-^.

Narrow-nosed Rhinoceros (Stephanorinus hemitoechus). escale 1:20 (14 cm).

Aurochs (Bos primigenius). escale 1:20 (14cm).

Jetoar

Hello partners. Here you have ready the third of a new line of figures: Fauna of the Pleistocene:

Giant short faced Hyena (Pachycrocuta brevirostris). scale 1:20 (10 cm).

sbell

So the real questions--will it be for sale, and how much?

AnimalToyForum

Jetoar

Quote from: sbell on October 07, 2015, 12:07:28 AM
So the real questions--will it be for sale, and how much?

Yes, I am going to do the cast and it will be cost 30 $ painted also with the colors as you wish.

Jetoar

Quote from: animaltoyforum on October 07, 2015, 10:10:11 PM
Nice work!

Thanks Adam, they are some of the animals that I have found in digging sites  ^-^.