Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

@Brontodocus, Thanks for the heads up ;)
I started touching it up last night and well at this point I've practically repainted the whole head, to bad the scales don't match but oh well.

@Bmathison1972, The ant lion sculpture looks very nice.

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Finally I've got some 2015 releases by Safari Ltd and Science and Nature! ^-^

bmathison1972

Nice, a kakapo!!!! Is this the only other figure other than a Yowie (not sure if there is a Yowie version but I assume there must be lol)

brontodocus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 12, 2015, 12:51:53 PM
Nice, a kakapo!!!! Is this the only other figure other than a Yowie (not sure if there is a Yowie version but I assume there must be lol)
Thanks, Blaine! :) While I don't know if a Yowies figure of a Kakapo exists, Furuta made one as part of their ChocoEgg "Funny Animals Series 7". I have that one, too:

sauroid

excellent new ones everyone!

some of my recent ones
Fame Master clown trigger

Colorata zebra shark (my fourth)

a beautiful blue ringed octopus

my second AAA green iggy

Fame Master giant (or Galapagos?) tort

my second Re-Ment hippo

Papo greater kudu

Safari Ltd Monterey Bay Aquarium sawfish

more next time (still haven't taken pics of the Kaiyodos)

brontodocus

Congrats, sauroid! :) Are the fins of the clown triggerfish partially translucent? Cool. 8) The octopus is misidentified by Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum, it's actually a Blue-lined Octopus, Hapalochlaena fasciata. I believe the "green iguana" is actually cast from some other lizard. As far as I know the figure does not have the "pearl", the enlarged scale on the cheek typical for Iguana iguana. I wonder if this wasn't cast from Physignathus cocincinus or a similar species, instead. The Colorata Zebra Shark is nice. I should get me the entire box, eventually.

sphyrna18

Quote from: brontodocus on February 13, 2015, 08:10:04 AM
The Colorata Zebra Shark is nice. I should get me the entire box, eventually.
The Zebra Shark comes from the long-retired Ocean Kingdom box; many of the species - in fact, I believe all of them except the Zebra Shark & Humpback Whale - wound up being re-released in the Sharks of the World and Marine Mammals of the World boxes, repectively, albeit with different sculpts. If you can find it, the Ocean Kingdom Beluga Whale is particularly nice; far superior to the MMOTW figure, imo.

brontodocus

Quote from: sphyrna18 on February 13, 2015, 01:21:11 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on February 13, 2015, 08:10:04 AM
The Colorata Zebra Shark is nice. I should get me the entire box, eventually.
The Zebra Shark comes from the long-retired Ocean Kingdom box; many of the species - in fact, I believe all of them except the Zebra Shark & Humpback Whale - wound up being re-released in the Sharks of the World and Marine Mammals of the World boxes, repectively, albeit with different sculpts. If you can find it, the Ocean Kingdom Beluga Whale is particularly nice; far superior to the MMOTW figure, imo.
Aw, you're right, Chad, my bad... :-[ I thought it was part of their Sharks of the World box (which I don't have). But it isn't.

sauroid

thanks and yes Dr. Andre, the fins of the triggerfish are translucent. the "iguana" might have been cast from a common agamid species. i have most of the rest of the discontinued Colorata sharks. i will post pics asap.
(btw, is sphyrna18 also Chad from DTF?)

bmathison1972

Quote from: sauroid on February 13, 2015, 03:14:19 PM
thanks and yes Dr. Andre, the fins of the triggerfish are translucent. the "iguana" might have been cast from a common agamid species. i have most of the rest of the discontinued Colorata sharks. i will post pics asap.
(btw, is sphyrna18 also Chad from DTF?)
I also wondered if the 'iguana' was actually molded from an agamid...

sphyrna18

Quote from: sauroid on February 13, 2015, 03:14:19 PM
btw, is sphyrna18 also Chad from DTF?

Nope, sorry. I mostly just lurk on DTF, as I don't have anywhere near the level of knowledge about prehistoric life or as extensive a prehistoric collection as I do modern/extant fauna.  So I mostly just soak it up over on DTF...

Jetoar

Lovely acquisitions  ^-^. These are my Saint Valentine gifts of my girlfriend to me  ^-^.

Carnegie Diplodocus is really big  ^-^.

sauroid

great new figures people.
a handful of my new ones
Colorata River life box set

a quartet of spotted hyenas

miscellaneous bugs

old schleich hippos

schleich female orang

McDonalds wild boar

schleich ostrich

bmathison1972

nice 'bugs'; does the dragonfly have a magnet? If so, it might be the Rement Figure, although it also looks (at this resolution) like the original Kaiyodo Choco Q Animatales one.
The caterpillar is interesting, looks like a papilionid larva with a sphingid spine  :o

sbell

Quote from: sauroid on February 16, 2015, 10:29:56 AM
great new figures people.
a handful of my new ones
Colorata River life box set

That River Box set is a great one--you obviously got the original set, with the amphibians and less finny fishes. Did you get the booklet as well? It's almost strange if you did--almost no English, and far less involved than the current ones.

sauroid

yes i did

"does the dragonfly have a magnet? If so, it might be the Rement Figure, although it also looks (at this resolution) like the original Kaiyodo Choco Q Animatales one."
yes it's the Kaiyodo animatales great dragonfly (Anogaster sieboldii) S3B. thanks.

brontodocus

Congrats, sauroid! 8) The retired Colorata River Life box is phantastic! Sadly, I only have the salamander from that box.

Jetoar

Colorata box are awesome  ^-^.

radioactive347

Today I got the Safari Ltd. Bug Tube and the Papo Chimera and Red Dragon.