Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

^-^ I've just received a set of Japanese Dragonflies.
I can't say who the producer is. They're nice, not the best quality though.
But they were cheap. I ordered the 7 specimen the seller offered ... and they sent me 15 :o ;D.

bmathison1972

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 11, 2014, 10:09:21 AM
But they were cheap. I ordered the 7 specimen the seller offered ... and they sent me 15 :o ;D.

I will gladly take duplicates!!!!!  :) :)) :o :P ::)

stargatedalek

I can't be certain, but I think I have a second hand (damaged) copy of the largest on the bottom left

its a lovely set

postsaurischian

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 11, 2014, 12:34:03 PM
....... they were cheap. I ordered the 7 specimen the seller offered ... and they sent me 15 :o ;D.

No duplicates, 15 different species :).

sbell

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 11, 2014, 09:59:23 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 11, 2014, 12:34:03 PM
....... they were cheap. I ordered the 7 specimen the seller offered ... and they sent me 15 :o ;D.

No duplicates, 15 different species :).

Do they give names to the species? Or are you going to have to somehow copy every Japanese-character description into a translator to figure it out?

stargatedalek

the species names are already written in Latin/Romaji characters near the bottom right ;)

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 12, 2014, 02:37:16 AM
the species names are already written in Latin/Romaji characters near the bottom right ;)

Didn't notice that. Hopefully they are correct, or at least close to correct. I've seen 'translations' to binomial names before that were pure confusion.

stargatedalek

they appear to be common names rather than binomial

bathynomus

Oh gosh, those dragonflies look rad.

widukind

A phantastic catch!! Congratulations :)

brontodocus

Sorry to be late again but congrats, everyone!  :) Jetoar, I see you got the MBA Humpback Whale? Great figure (literally, it's huge), one of my favourites.  :) Helge, the species variety of the dragonflies is stupendous, they are all 15 different ones? :o  So no binomial scientific names then? I will probably not be able to recognise all of them to species level (although the big one bottom left is definitely Anotogaster sieboldii), especially the small, red ones (Sympetrum, Boninthemis and the like) can often be told apart from each other by so inconspicuous differences that would hardly be represented in a figure.

sbell

I finally got somethings new! Other than a bunch of CollectA, but I'm not that organized.

These were my Japan wins over the last while.

First off:

Finally got a Furuta Axolotol (in the colour scheme I wanted) and a Kaiyodo Redtail Catfish (judging from the bottlecap, not an ordinary aquatales set). And my first Technicolor figure--the Japanese giant Salamander.

Second up, chondrichthyan time!

Some of the more obscure Kaiyodo sharks--Bronze whaler, White-tip reef shark (not the oceanic white tip), and the sand tiger shark.

And finally, in the same photo because thematic! the Hikari giveaway Potamotygon cf. henlei (I'm guessing the species--the spots are more reminiscent of P. henlei than the similar P. leopoldi). One thing that really surprised me was the size--the figure is, obviously, very large, about 2 inches across the disc (about 1/12 scale for those who care). I didn't expect it to be that big, or really to even find one. I saw it once about 4 years ago in a Jauce auction but waited too long. I couldn't even find a photo to prove it was real.
This lot, plus some dinos (different forum!) cleared up most of my past-figures Japanese wish list. If I had succeeded with a Kaiyodo Archerfish I could pretty much stop looking. But the list has grown very short now...

stargatedalek

Nice! I love the patterns on bronze whalers, reminiscent of orca

AAA 29" cast of a monitor specimen, just ordered, so its the sellers picture

widukind

Very beautieful additions sbell and stargatedalek :)

stargatedalek

second hand store haul today, very pleased

Safari utahraptor and triceratops hatchlings
Safari "giant squid"
Safari apatosaurus juv
PV zebra bullhead shark
generic turtle
generic toucan
JP brachiosaurus and pteranodon hatchlings
this very interesting piranha with no branding on it

bmathison1972

neat piranha!

that squid is Safari? From a box set? Toob? Doesn't look familiar. It's not the WS nor MB giant squid

stargatedalek

I don't know,  it has safari ltd giant squid printed on it and thats all I have to go on
I'll get some better pics tomorrow,  maybe do a walkaround

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 19, 2014, 02:15:57 AM
neat piranha!

that squid is Safari? From a box set? Toob? Doesn't look familiar. It's not the WS nor MB giant squid

It's from the Authentics line, from the late 90s

bmathison1972

Quote from: sbell on August 19, 2014, 05:44:41 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 19, 2014, 02:15:57 AM
neat piranha!

It's from the Authentics line, from the late 90s

OK cool; I have the Authentics insects!

widukind

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 18, 2014, 11:35:15 PM
second hand store haul today, very pleased

Safari utahraptor and triceratops hatchlings
Safari "giant squid"
Safari apatosaurus juv
PV zebra bullhead shark
generic turtle
generic toucan
JP brachiosaurus and pteranodon hatchlings