Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on January 17, 2014, 09:11:25 AM
Congrats, tyrantqueen and Jetoar! :) The Toba Aquarium Leatherback Turtle is gorgeous and I like the Toco Toucan, too (oh, and not to forget the Dinotales).

Thanks friend, I am going to do the walks around of this figures  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

OkapiBoy

Jetoar

Oooooh the old European Bison of Schleich  ^-^.

widukind

brontodocus

Congrats, Okapiboy! :) That's the Bullyland Wisent, isn't it? I could slap myself for having forgotten to order it together with my last bunch of figures... :-\ Oh, well, as soon as the new Safari figures become available over here I'll order one with them.

EDIT:
Quote from: Jetoar on January 25, 2014, 09:29:39 AM
Oh, yes, it's of course the retired Schleich Wisent, even better! :)

Jetoar

My last acquisitions of this weekend

Humpback whale, Whale Shark and Southern right whale were bought for my father in a flea market  ^-^.

AnimalToyForum

sbell

Quote from: animaltoyforum on January 30, 2014, 11:24:48 AM
Well done your father!  :)

The Schleich wobbegong may be one of the biggest prizes there!

sauroid

thanks for the info Dr. Andre re: snub nose monkey figures
awesome new acquisitions everyone...

i only have these
unknown maker bonnethead shark

Schleich
crocodile

giraffe male and calf

baby chimp

badger

golden ret and pug pups, unknwon westie

older model lion

90s Safari Ltd cheetah

unknown maker horn sharks

unknwon maker hawksbill and loggerhead turtles

Britains wild boar

K&M western gorilla

unknown maker narwhal

Re-ment giraffe calf

Safari Ltd horseshoe crab

Safari Ltd Coelacanth

90s Safari Ltd hippo calf

Colorata Commerson's and bottlenose dolphins

stemturtle

Quote from: sauroid on January 30, 2014, 05:19:23 PM

unknwon maker hawksbill and loggerhead turtles

Sauroid, your hawksbill and loggerhead are painted like the Yujin Series 1 turtles.
They were probably cast from the 1998 Play Visions molds, plastron numbers 2 and 6.
Look for a circle with PV inside, unless bootlegged. Yujin turtles are marked with these numbers also,
which do not correspond to the numbers on the paper label. The plastron should bear the name Yujin, 2002.

Jetoar

Wonderfuls acquisitions friends and yes, my last figures are a treasure  ^-^.

brontodocus

Congrats, Jetoar and sauroid! :) Nice to see a bonnethead shark and the horn sharks! Oh, and Jetoar, I thought you already had the Schleich Humpback Whale? Anyway, all of those retired Schleich Sealife figures are great prizes.

:D I received a new parcel today, too:

Jetoar

Wonderful acquisitions Brontodocus. I am seeing the Wisent of Bullyland!. I saw the Saw Fish in a store two weeks ago, but it had a lot of scuffs. I order one sawfish in this store and I am waiting to take it in my hands and do a walk-around about it ;D but if you wish, you will be able to do it  ^-^. I am waiting to see the walk-around of the Bullyland Wisent. I will do the review of my Schleich Wisent  ^-^.

OkapiBoy

Quote from: Jetoar on January 25, 2014, 09:29:39 AM

Yap, it's a nice figure :)

sauroid

Quote from: stemturtle on January 30, 2014, 07:33:22 PM
Quote from: sauroid on January 30, 2014, 05:19:23 PM

unknown maker hawksbill and loggerhead turtles

Sauroid, your hawksbill and loggerhead are painted like the Yujin Series 1 turtles.
They were probably cast from the 1998 Play Visions molds, plastron numbers 2 and 6.
Look for a circle with PV inside, unless bootlegged. Yujin turtles are marked with these numbers also,
which do not correspond to the numbers on the paper label. The plastron should bear the name Yujin, 2002.
thanks for the info stemturtle.  :)
i checked again, but there's neither Yujin nor PV mark on the belly. only china c 2002, and the 2 and 6 numbers on each figure, so these are copies of either the Yujin or PVs.

stemturtle

Quote from: sauroid on January 31, 2014, 09:38:58 AM
thanks for the info stemturtle.  :)
i checked again, but there's neither Yujin nor PV mark on the belly. only china c 2002, and the 2 and 6 numbers on each figure, so these are copies of either the Yujin or PVs.

These figures appear to be Yujin without the maker mark.
The evidence is the painting, the item numbers, and the year.
Could be a production problem rather than piracy.

brontodocus

Quote from: Jetoar on January 30, 2014, 10:39:41 PM
Wonderful acquisitions Brontodocus. I am seeing the Wisent of Bullyland!. I saw the Saw Fish in a store two weeks ago, but it had a lot of scuffs. I order one sawfish in this store and I am waiting to take it in my hands and do a walk-around about it ;D but if you wish, you will be able to do it  ^-^. I am waiting to see the walk-around of the Bullyland Wisent. I will do the review of my Schleich Wisent  ^-^.
Many thanks, Jetoar! :) I'll leave the sawfish up for you. So I should take the camera out for the Bullyland Wisent then... ^-^

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on February 01, 2014, 11:33:07 AM
Quote from: Jetoar on January 30, 2014, 10:39:41 PM
Many thanks, Jetoar! :) I'll leave the sawfish up for you. So I should take the camera out for the Bullyland Wisent then... ^-^

Dont worry my friend, you can do the walk - arounds of these figures if as you wish  ^-^.

bmathison1972

THanks to Chad (Spyrna18) I now have most of the 2014 Arthropods by Safari LTD:

Deep Sea TOOB (giant isopod)
Cave Dwellers TOOB (millipede, scorpion, spider, crayfish, crab)
mosquito and stag beetle life cycles.

The life cycle figures are not as good as other recent ones (ladybug, luna moth, monarch) but I'm happy to officially have a mosquito!

Chad also sent me the Insects TOOB centipede. I realized a while back, I've never had the actual Safari Insects TOOB. Looking at pics online, they seem to come from generic chinabug molds (many also apparently used by K&M for their Wild Republic insects tube). I wanted the centipede because of its paint job, it actually looks like a Scolopendra!

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 01, 2014, 02:18:19 PM
THanks to Chad (Spyrna18) I now have most of the 2014 Arthropods by Safari LTD:

Deep Sea TOOB (giant isopod)
Cave Dwellers TOOB (millipede, scorpion, spider, crayfish, crab)
mosquito and stag beetle life cycles.

The life cycle figures are not as good as other recent ones (ladybug, luna moth, monarch) but I'm happy to officially have a mosquito!

Chad also sent me the Insects TOOB centipede. I realized a while back, I've never had the actual Safari Insects TOOB. Looking at pics online, they seem to come from generic chinabug molds (many also apparently used by K&M for their Wild Republic insects tube). I wanted the centipede because of its paint job, it actually looks like a Scolopendra!

I am hoping that you have the Venomous Creatures toob centipede--much better figure of course.

And yes, you can always tell the earliest Safari toobs, because there are no labels (insects, reptiles, original ocean, North America and dinosaur toob) and some of them, are really very generic and in desperate need of retirement/replacement (like they did with the NA toob, which is now full of great small figures).