Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 06, 2014, 05:49:04 PM
Those Yujin fish are really nice :) Also, LOL at the Tsuchinoko >:D
i know right? im still wondering why Kaiyodo had to include this figure among real animals in the series.

Jetoar

Wonderful acquisitions friends. I have had gifts previously that today but thes are my gifts of Three Mages Kings   ^-^.

In box  ^-^.

and out box  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

It's also a figure that's included in quite a few different sets, even the Agatsuma Entertainment set had a Tsuchinoko in it. Isn't yours the figure that comes in at least three different colours, too? But all the others are great! :)

On Saturday I received a parcel from Japan. So now I've got the T-A.R.T.S microbes, too! :) On the other hand - I've found a Kitan Club set with horned frogs, only to find out upon arrival that it's a set of eight mini purses with a horned frog printed on it... :( :P

Oh, Jetoar, my son has the Playmobil Mammoth Cave, too! :D

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on January 06, 2014, 06:50:42 PM
On the other hand - I've found a Kitan Club set with horned frogs, only to find out upon arrival that it's a set of eight mini purses with a horned frog printed on it... :( :P

Bwahahahaha. Sorry couldnt resist. That's really funny.

brontodocus

Well, about two or three years ago I had a similar situation when I bought an insect set by Yujin which was not all that expensive (still like $20 or so plus shipping), at least that's what I thought before I found out that it's a set of insect stickers! >:( :P ;D

At least I wanted to share it here before someone else buys that set, too. Unless she or he actually needs eight small purses with horned frogs printed on them. Okay, if you don't like horned frogs why not glue some Yujin insect stickers over them? :P

Jetoar

Thanks Friend, I am archaeologist and now I am learning to be a zooarquelogist and it is one item that I could not miss  ^-^.

brontodocus

It's also a Playmobil set with great playability. My favourite feature is that the fishes can actually be picked up from the pond with those bifurcated spears. :)

:D Today I received a parcel directly from Safari Ltd who sent me three of the new 2014 figures:

So now it's certain for me, the Thresher Shark is definitely representing Alopias pelagicus which is probably the first time ever being represented as a figure! ^-^

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on January 07, 2014, 11:05:03 AM
It's also a Playmobil set with great playability. My favourite feature is that the fishes can actually be picked up from the pond with those bifurcated spears. :)

:D Today I received a parcel directly from Safari Ltd who sent me three of the new 2014 figures:

So now it's certain for me, the Thresher Shark is definitely representing Alopias pelagicus which is probably the first time ever being represented as a figure! ^-^

lovely acquisitions friends, I see the new thresher shark  ^-^.

sauroid

thanks Jetoar and brontodocus. you guys have pretty awesome newcomers yourselves. and yeah the tsuchinoko has 3 color variants.

a new happinet indian rhino

Jetoar

Lovely acquistion friend. I like the details  ^-^.

sauroid

thanks Jetoar
a few more
golden snub nosed monkeys (are there other snub nosed monkey figures?)

safari ltd african elephant calf

red panda

safari ltd african rhino calf

malayan tapirs

brontodocus

Oh, the Snub-nosed Monkeys are cute! :) They look also quite PVish.
Quote from: sauroid on January 09, 2014, 10:10:50 AM
golden snub nosed monkeys (are there other snub nosed monkey figures?)
At least it's a figure rarely represented in figure form. I have one - Furuta Choco Egg Funny Animals Series 6:

And there must be a Kaiyodo Zoorasia version, too, a Snub-nosed Monkey on one side of a "glass" screen and a girl on the other. I've seen photos via a Google image search but all image links I found didn't seem to work well, so I can't provide a picture at this time. :-\

postsaurischian

I could not resist to buy some of the new Schleich figures :).

I've uploaded walk-arounds of Giant Panda, Pot-bellied Pig, Donkey foal and Sheep.

Jetoar

Lovely acquistions friends, I will share images of mines  ^-^.

sbell

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 10, 2014, 06:13:03 PM

I could not resist to buy some of the new Schleich figures :).

I've uploaded walk-arounds of Giant Panda, Pot-bellied Pig, Donkey foal and Sheep.

Is that supposed to be a chipmunk? Because I'm having a hard time believing that the sculptor even looked at a picture of one. More like they heard 'sort of a squirrel' and gave it a big, bushy tail. But then, I find many of Schleich's attempts to make non-European small mammals to be kind of odd (see their versions of raccoons to see how badly off the mark they can be). Which is too bad, since a good chipmunk would be nice (the Kaiyodo Animaltales one is still the best though).

tyrantqueen

Toba Aquarium leatherback turtle :)

Purchased on eBay via forum member Blackdanter.

I want to make a walkaround of this model, but I don't know what company it should be listed under. Any ideas? There are no trademarks.

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

sbell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 16, 2014, 12:20:46 PM
Toba Aquarium leatherback turtle :)

Purchased on eBay via forum member Blackdanter.

I want to make a walkaround of this model, but I don't know what company it should be listed under. Any ideas? There are no trademarks.

Probably just miscellaneous until they finally give us a Misc Japanese category--I have the original Toba set, and I also have no idea who actually made it (it isn't any of the usual companies as far as I know).

tyrantqueen

QuoteProbably just miscellaneous until they finally give us a Misc Japanese category--I have the original Toba set, and I also have no idea who actually made it (it isn't any of the usual companies as far as I know).

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Jetoar

Lovely acquisition firend. This is my last figures  ^-^.

The Troodon, the last figure to complete my electronics figures  ^-^.

My firts kaiyodos  ^-^.

brontodocus

Congrats, tyrantqueen and Jetoar! :) The Toba Aquarium Leatherback Turtle is gorgeous and I like the Toco Toucan, too (oh, and not to forget the Dinotales).