News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

My Naturalism figures are genuine, and neither the boxes they came in, or the figures themselves, were marked.

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 12, 2024, 02:25:54 AMMy Naturalism figures are genuine, and neither the boxes they came in, or the figures themselves, were marked.

Okay, judging from the package, the fox was packaged by Uunysaur (also the store) but very likely from the same factory

SerAndrew

I got the first 2024 Papo's at last. Guinea fowl and white peacock, which are good enough (the fowl head could be better), and the capuchin which I love!
I was really surprised no other brand has done one (also, I'm sure we will see one or two coming next year from Schleich, CollectA or others). It's smaller than expected (which is good for me) and the material is softer than for the rest of Papo figures. Really like it. And the baby...

In a previous batch I didn't metioned I also got the Safari 2023 novelties, that only now have reached Spain: the type D orca (good, but a bit smaller than expected, and the beautiful eye on the promo pic is achieved in my model); the grey parrot, which is better than expected in terms of the detail of feathers and the silky shark which doesn't say anything to me but it's a new species and good enough!

Fembrogon

New samples from Happy Hen Toys. The Haolonggood Allo looks pretty nice - but Rebor's Lonesome George is the real showpiece. He's a big one!

EpicRaptorMan

How big is that lonesome George?

Fembrogon

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on August 15, 2024, 11:55:32 PMHow big is that lonesome George?
About 7 inches tall at the head! It's easily one of the largest extant- er, recently extinct animal figurines in my collection.
---

Another box from Happy Hen Toys! I'm most impressed by the shipping speed.
I placed this order both out of gratitude and to acquire some complimentary pieces for the eventual reviews.

JimoAi

bmathison1972

Wonderful JimoAi. Was the selectin random? Scale-based?

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 21, 2024, 02:48:49 PMWonderful JimoAi. Was the selectin random? Scale-based?

a mix of both

SerAndrew

OK, so finally I did it...
With this I only miss the Southland Replicas thylacoleo to complete my collection (if anyone has one, I'm VERY interested...)

I think the only newcomers now will be new launches

I was talking about the snail, of course  :))

JimoAi

Quote from: SerAndrew on August 26, 2024, 01:26:03 PMOK, so finally I did it...
With this I only miss the Southland Replicas thylacoleo to complete my collection (if anyone has one, I'm VERY interested...)

I think the only newcomers now will be new launches

I was talking about the snail, of course  :))

did you get the whale recently or was it with you for a long time

AnimalToyForum

Awesome. But I feel that display would look even better with the addition of quail figure.

SerAndrew

Quote from: AnimalToyForum on August 26, 2024, 02:02:09 PMAwesome. But I feel that display would look even better with the addition of quail figure.

Sorry, what's a quail figure?

sbell

Quote from: SerAndrew on August 27, 2024, 07:28:59 AM
Quote from: AnimalToyForum on August 26, 2024, 02:02:09 PMAwesome. But I feel that display would look even better with the addition of quail figure.

An animal that rhymes with whale and snail.

SerAndrew

Quote from: sbell on August 27, 2024, 02:49:53 PM

Ah  :D

sphyrna18

A very quick story.  I finally got a new order and shipped it to my new house, which is in the city... In the course of about 15 minutes, the package, which contained two CollectA horses, the CollectA Angelshark, Safari Silky Shark, and a few other figures, was stolen from my front steps, opened, rummaged through, and returned to my steps.  Guess the thief didn't want those figures.  ???  :-\  :o  :))  Thankfully, I got all the figures I ordered, so that was a win.  I just need to find a safer location for deliveries it appears....

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: SerAndrew on August 27, 2024, 04:59:20 PM
Quote from: sbell on August 27, 2024, 02:49:53 PM

Ah  :D

Was just being silly. :P

NSD Bashe

Quote from: sphyrna18 on August 27, 2024, 05:14:23 PMA very quick story.  I finally got a new order and shipped it to my new house, which is in the city... In the course of about 15 minutes, the package, which contained two CollectA horses, the CollectA Angelshark, Safari Silky Shark, and a few other figures, was stolen from my front steps, opened, rummaged through, and returned to my steps.  Guess the thief didn't want those figures.  ???  :-\  :o  :))  Thankfully, I got all the figures I ordered, so that was a win.  I just need to find a safer location for deliveries it appears....

That's scary.  I'm glad you got your figures but I'm sorry that happened to you, I'm not sure what I'd do if that happened honestly

bmathison1972

Quote from: sphyrna18 on August 27, 2024, 05:14:23 PMA very quick story.  I finally got a new order and shipped it to my new house, which is in the city... In the course of about 15 minutes, the package, which contained two CollectA horses, the CollectA Angelshark, Safari Silky Shark, and a few other figures, was stolen from my front steps, opened, rummaged through, and returned to my steps.  Guess the thief didn't want those figures.  ???  :-\  :o  :))  Thankfully, I got all the figures I ordered, so that was a win.  I just need to find a safer location for deliveries it appears....

Weird. Well, at least you got yours back. I had a package stolen when I lived in Atlanta that had a rare chase figure. Mine was not returned.

My current apartment in SLC is...(knock on wood) more secure and we have a Parcel Pending service (which, currently is under construction as I write...)

NSD Bashe

newmoonfisheel1.jpg

newmoonfisheel2.jpg

K&M spiny eel, Determined Productions moonfish, Atlantis Paradise Island clown triggerfish and a large black and blue fish I don't know the brand or species of