News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 27, 2024, 09:34:53 PMGreat way to display the eels. I have a couple of mine in the little pots, but not the pipes. Those that came with pipes are just displayed as-is.

I tried, but their flexible material just didn't keep them upright. So I got creative!

One thing I learned between the sets -- both have a Kidako moray (normal utsupo) but the one in the new set is a far more conventional look. I had to do some digging to be sure, but the paper shows the same name in Japanese on both

Sim

I've acquired the Schleich wobbegong shark.  I'm happy to have a nice figure of this interesting animal!

EpicRaptorMan

JimoAi

my haul only gets crazier from here. Will show off once everything arrives by next week hopefully

Saarlooswolfhound

Really nice hornbill ERM! What brand is it?

EpicRaptorMan

With the package I'm getting on Saturday or Monday I'll officially surpass the 500 mark in my collection.

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on August 01, 2024, 04:40:06 PMReally nice hornbill ERM! What brand is it?
No idea actually 😅

bmathison1972

It's on TAI as Oenux (and looks to be a good size?)

EpicRaptorMan

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on August 01, 2024, 10:42:43 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 01, 2024, 09:58:46 PMIt's on TAI as Oenux (and looks to be a good size?)
TAI?

Toy Animal Info...another abbreviation for the Animal Toy Wiki hosted by the STS folks.

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 01, 2024, 10:47:33 PM
Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on August 01, 2024, 10:42:43 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 01, 2024, 09:58:46 PMIt's on TAI as Oenux (and looks to be a good size?)
TAI?

Toy Animal Info...another abbreviation for the Animal Toy Wiki hosted by the STS folks.
That's what I assumed.
But yeah it was one of those Chinese knockoffs. It's pretty good quality tbh and it's as tall as the CollectA Elk's antlers.

I did have to paint it a bit.
There was some yellow over spray on the black feathers, I painted the bottom mandible a bit more white, and added the yellow feathers on the closed wings.

Saarlooswolfhound

Looking them up, they appear to be another China based brand whose offerings are largely copied sculpts. But this hornbill (and the open winged version) look very nice!

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on August 01, 2024, 11:36:46 PMLooking them up, they appear to be another China based brand whose offerings are largely copied sculpts. But this hornbill (and the open winged version) look very nice!
The one with the Open wings is definitely much bigger. That's why I opted for this one

Sim

I've acquired:

1. Papo leopard shark.  I'm enjoying the diversity of sharks that are available as figures!

2. Papo bat.  I'm very impressed by this figure!  And I'm happy to have a bat species I like!

3. Safari Sahara desert toob.  It's great.  I got it for the deathstalker though, which I love!  Yes, I've started to collect invertebrates!  Which brings me to...

4. Papo hermit crab.  I've long liked hermit crabs that use mollusc shells.  They are very interesting and endearing.  I'm happy to have a figure of one now!

5. Papo lobster.  I like it a lot!  This type of lobster is probably my favourite crustacean, although I like the aforementioned hermit crabs and ghost crabs a lot too.

JimoAi

Easily my most exciting haul

Starting with some marine life figures: the Ikimon Napoleon wrasse which I initially planned to replace the aqua meridian one but aft some examination, I decided to retained it but let me tell u this: get the Ikimon one while you can because it's fantastic and don't miss your chance on it. With it, is a Kaiyodo porcupine fish

A mystery finless porpoise which was sold in Collab with the Nanjing finless porpoise conservation

The recur whale shark which I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked it. The plastic doesn't feel as cheap as I've imagined which is basically standard pvc but softer. it replaces the Papo whale shark for the time because of its size and spiracle presence which I'll relocate it to another shelf cuz I liked that figure so much.

Next are some prehistorics: the HLG Nasutoceratops which I forgotten how much I loved the genus and I won't be getting a Triceratops anytime soon.

The fantastic HLG E.regalis which I gotten over the PNSO for its price

The Safari ltd utahraptor mostly cuz I'm starved of a really good dromaeosaur and that one didn't disappoint

The Safari prestosuchus which I'll be using as Fasolasuchus because of its size

Getting to the exciting stuff, I've finally stopped beating the bush and got the MBA Adult Sperm whale. The price was the main reason why I held off which I was really annoyed at but in hand it's almost perfect sans for the lack of tooth holes

Next, the Itoy Otodus Megalodon. I know alot of people aren't keen on the meg but as a shark lo we, please let me enjoy my sharks heheh. I chose this one over the W-dragon for the price and it's slenderness from a recent paper tho not everyone is sold on it. Still, happy to have the *potentially largest fish in my collection.

Second to last, I've acquired the W dragon Giraffatitan. After Ankylosaurus, Brachiosaurus and Giraffatitan are my favourite dinosaurs and I was saddened by the fact there aren't all that good figures of either genues sans the very rare Carnegie one. I initially thought the W dragon Giraffatitan would be hard to acquire but turns out that there's a version 2 that's easier to acquire and I snagged it up!

Last but certainly not least, the crown jewel itself, the Kaiyodo Mega sofubi Blue whale. I've always wanted it but it's been a no show until I saw a bid which I placed and order and to my surprise, I was the winner. That very moment right there was the pinnacle of my collecting journey. it's huge and highly accurate to the real animals and with that figure, I can live in peace without feeling uncomfortable that my 1/35 scale Dino's are too big compared to my blue whale

EpicRaptorMan

Still on the search for the solo finless porpoise from CBIOV

NSD Bashe

So it was the Kaiyodo blue whale...  I wondered when you said "you'll never guess what I'm bidding on" basically right after calling that a holy grail figure in the other thread

congrats   ;D

Isidro

However, when I suggested that it's the Kaiyodo blue whale the figure JimoAi was talking about, he said that it was the megalodon.

sbell

Lucked out on AliExpress and actually found a Tibetan Fox from Naturalism!

Not to scale but it's a desert guy, how could I not? It's clearly a good boi.

Now if I could just find the Pallas cat for the same price...

EpicRaptorMan

Is it actually by Naturalism? There's a lot of knockoffs of AliExpress.

That's where I got my knock off naturalism Tibetan sand fox for like a buck

sbell

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on August 12, 2024, 01:51:05 AMIs it actually by Naturalism? There's a lot of knockoffs of AliExpress.

That's where I got my knock off naturalism Tibetan sand fox for like a buck

It's not completely clear. It was a little more than a buck. The package was also not helpful. Well made either way