News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

@HappyHen was having a 15% off sale, so I snagged the Eofauna Atlasaurus and CollectA Chincoteague Pony.

On eBay I bought the Play Visions raccoon dog. With the Japanese populations being considered a different species (and rightfully so) I needed something from the mainland population. Interestingly, the PV figure is specifically stamped 'Siberian raccoon dog' implying it was modeled after the Russian subspecies!

Sim

I've acquired the following:

1. Safari 2016 pelican.  I like it a lot.

2. Safari red-tailed hawk.  I'm impressed by its detailed colour scheme.

3. Safari cassowary.  It's an excellent figure.  I'm impressed by its iridescent and glittery black feathers!

4. Safari eagle-owl.  I find the face on this figure a bit unsettling, like the real animal's.

5. Toymany 8 shark figure set.  I'll post my thoughts on it in the Toymany thread.

6. CollectA sawfish.  I'm very happy to have it!

Sim

Today I received the six Naturalism eagles.  I'm impressed by them!  They came in very beautiful boxes that I felt a bit bad about breaking open!  The figures are all high-quality.  They are all great, although Safari's 2009 Wings of the World bald eagle is as good as the Naturalism one.  I'm keeping both of those bald eagle figures.  I was most impressed by the Naturalism Philippine eagle and harpy eagle.  The Philippine has lots of feathers on its head sculpted separately, it's very impressive!  The harpy eagle gets the head of the animal spot-on and is the best version of this animal IMO.  Safari's and Schleich's harpy eagles don't look as realistic, but I imagine they cost a lot less too.  I'm very happy to have a satisfying harpy eagle figure, and I'm happy to have all these Naturalism figures.  I would like Naturalism to make more figures, such as a crocodilian set, a feathered dromaeosaurid/raptor set, a shark set...

Ikessauro

I did it!  ;D  Could not let this beast get away once again!

bmathison1972

Congrats Ikessauro! And nice displays in the back :)

Shane

Oh wow, very cool to see more of this beast. Never fails to impress.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Shane on October 25, 2023, 05:20:15 PMOh wow, very cool to see more of this beast. Never fails to impress.

@Shane , do you know what happened to Safari's Instagram account? I did a review on my channel today and was going to tag Safari on Instagram, but the page is not available.

Ikessauro

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 25, 2023, 04:21:59 PMCongrats Ikessauro! And nice displays in the back :)

Thanks! I am slowly replacing my old displays with these new custom ones made of steel and glass. I like a lot the cleaner look they have. Plus they can take a lot of figures.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 25, 2023, 05:58:59 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 25, 2023, 04:21:59 PMCongrats Ikessauro! And nice displays in the back :)

Thanks! I am slowly replacing my old displays with these new custom ones made of steel and glass. I like a lot the cleaner look they have. Plus they can take a lot of figures.

Yes I am thinking I need shelving set up that is not as deep (front to back) but also not as tall, so I can get more actual shelves in the same space without too much depth. Need to snoop around.

bmathison1972

Got this today! ToyMonster Captivz JP Compsognathus. I was so excited for it, I already photographed it 'Museum style'.
Thanks @Gwangi for alerting me to it!

MudpupWaterdog

Hey congrats! Glad to see you found one @Ikessauro

Also glad to finally see JP making Compsognathus, it was my favorite JP dinosaur as a kid (I was a weird kid) and I was always disappointed that Kenner et. al. mostly ignored it.

Shane

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 25, 2023, 05:58:10 PM@Shane , do you know what happened to Safari's Instagram account? I did a review on my channel today and was going to tag Safari on Instagram, but the page is not available.

There are some issues going on at the moment with the account, I can't go into too much detail, but we're working to get it back up and running.

Ikessauro

Congrats @bmathison1972 , that compy looks dope. I like how they painted it, and it is very similar to what you see in the movie, sculpt wise. The background in your photos is awesome btw.

Ikessauro

Today I come with another cool recent acquisition from Safari Ltd. I only recently found out Safari had made this fish and I love things with bold colors. I Immediately decided this one was a must and set out to get it. It seems quite obscure and there's little to no information about it online, since it has long been retired. The only one for sale on eBay in a while was almost 100 bucks, so I passed on it, until a nice little lot of small toob figures appeared for about 20 bucks and included the Salmon! Gotta say, it is smaller than I expected, but so cool anyway! Glad to have found one.

bmathison1972

Holy cow! Safari made that salmon? For what set/collection? It's not the life cycle figure, that's for sure!

Ikessauro

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 28, 2023, 02:27:09 PMHoly cow! Safari made that salmon? For what set/collection? It's not the life cycle figure, that's for sure!

Aparently for the Incredible Creatures line, model 267629 Sockeye salmon

Toy Animal Wiki says it released 2008 and retired 2011. https://toyanimalwiki.mywikis.wiki/wiki/Safari_267629_Sockeye_Salmon

Sim

That salmon looks very nice!

Gwangi

The diversity of old Safari figures never fails to impress. This salmon is a new one on me, and another to add to the list.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 28, 2023, 02:32:13 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 28, 2023, 02:27:09 PMHoly cow! Safari made that salmon? For what set/collection? It's not the life cycle figure, that's for sure!

Aparently for the Incredible Creatures line, model 267629 Sockeye salmon

Toy Animal Wiki says it released 2008 and retired 2011. https://toyanimalwiki.mywikis.wiki/wiki/Safari_267629_Sockeye_Salmon

Thanks! I am hunting it for sure; the size isn't too bad for an IC figure.

sbell

I've had one for years. Didn't know it was so sought after