News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

just a test if it was possible to send a picture here that's also shown on the DTF.

It obviously works. Sorry & thanks

JimoAi

my latest haul:

on the left is my recent Japan haul: got a second spongebob nendoroid as my preorder came late, the Yujin saltwater fish secrets, Colorata green turtle,kaiyodo cuttlefish which I believe is either a Giant or Broadclub but since cuttlefish change colour and texture it works as either?

on the right is my western models across different companies and sites: the Papo seal which initially I didn't pick up cuz I used to hate the pose but from some research, ive grown to accept it, the collectA angel shark, the 2005 Schleich Great white which is a hidden gem as save for a few anatomical quirks, is amongst the best of the species and lastly, my most anticipated model of this year: the Papo Spotted eagle ray! It is a beauty, buff said

Isidro

You're the first to show that angelshark in the forum, besides promo images. Sadly it's too ginormous for my taste, otherwise I would like it.
I always absolutely loved the pose of the Papo spotted seal, but somehow I don't get it in my collection. I would not mind to acquire one, but I have no more room.
If the cuttlefish represents a giant cuttlefish (Sepia apama), I would like to know if it measures the same than the Yowies giant cuttlefish. In that case, this Kaiyodo one is MUCH better and would replace it in my wishlist.

Saarlooswolfhound

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 14, 2023, 11:08:53 PMjust a test if it was possible to send a picture here that's also shown on the DTF.

It obviously works. Sorry & thanks

... but now I gotta know... what is that? Brand and species? Thanks.

Congrats JimoAi!

EpicRaptorMan

I think the angel shark is good enough for size. I know it's not to scale with the Spotted Eagle Ray, but I think it's fine — finally submitted an order at MiniZoo.com and it should be coming soon among others.

The cuttlefish looks great but I think it's too small. I got the one from AliExpress and I like it pretty well.  :P

JimoAi

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on June 16, 2023, 01:38:34 AMI think the angel shark is good enough for size. I know it's not to scale with the Spotted Eagle Ray, but I think it's fine — finally submitted an order at MiniZoo.com and it should be coming soon among others.

The cuttlefish looks great but I think it's too small. I got the one from AliExpress and I like it pretty well.  :P

the eagle ray and angel shark are somewhat in scale if you're not using full size measurements.

NSD Bashe

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on June 15, 2023, 09:20:12 PM... but now I gotta know... what is that? Brand and species? Thanks.

I know that's a hoopoe bird, I was also wondering the brand...  There aren't really many "toy" figures of them, so the best models seem to be resin or porcelain sculptures like this one (I assume).

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on June 15, 2023, 08:12:41 PMYou're the first to show that angelshark in the forum, besides promo images. Sadly it's too ginormous for my taste, otherwise I would like it.
I always absolutely loved the pose of the Papo spotted seal, but somehow I don't get it in my collection. I would not mind to acquire one, but I have no more room.
If the cuttlefish represents a giant cuttlefish (Sepia apama), I would like to know if it measures the same than the Yowies giant cuttlefish. In that case, this Kaiyodo one is MUCH better and would replace it in my wishlist.

the angelshark is the same length as the Whitetip reef from safari, just wider cuz of the fins

Isidro

The ones I've seen in aquaria or taxidermized in museums are waaaay shorter than the whitetips I've seen in aquaria!
Thanks for adding info :) it looked even larger to me cause of the Papo seal, but maybe the perspective fooled me :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: NSD Bashe on June 16, 2023, 03:31:37 AM
Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on June 15, 2023, 09:20:12 PM... but now I gotta know... what is that? Brand and species? Thanks.

I know that's a hoopoe bird, I was also wondering the brand...  There aren't really many "toy" figures of them, so the best models seem to be resin or porcelain sculptures like this one (I assume).

You're right. It's a porcelain model made by German manufacturer Goebel - Bird of the year 2022. There's a large and a small version.
 I bought mine here: https://www.hummelneuheiten.de/Goebel-Vogel-des-Jahres
 My very first Hoopoe. I have been looking for one for years.

EpicRaptorMan

Got the CollectA Baird's tapir & horseshoe crab from zoologishoppen yesterday.
Including the Papo Argentine Ornate frog.

Took 8 days to ship from Sweden.

bmathison1972

AAA starry handfish

EpicRaptorMan

@bmathison1972 I used to have this decades ago but I donated it a few years ago not knowing anything about it.

Where'd you get it?

BlueKrono

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on June 18, 2023, 01:11:31 AM@bmathison1972 I used to have this decades ago but I donated it a few years ago not knowing anything about it.

Where'd you get it?

@EpicRaptorMan You can find it on eBay right now for $6.
I like turtles.

bmathison1972

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 18, 2023, 01:55:17 AM
Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on June 18, 2023, 01:11:31 AM@bmathison1972 I used to have this decades ago but I donated it a few years ago not knowing anything about it.

Where'd you get it?

yup, that's how I got mine :)

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 18, 2023, 01:55:17 AM

Where'd you get it?

Thank goodness it's only $6. I'd be annoyed if I donated something more valuable xD

NSD Bashe

and I think you can still get three others of that set from the same listing if I'm not mistaken (viperfish, dragonfish and danglefish)

JimoAi

saw the Bandai sharks gashapon and went apes..t until I got the whole set. In summation I have:

1 Great white
1 Scalloped hammerhead
4 Bamboo sharks
3 Viper dogfish

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on June 25, 2023, 03:35:13 PMsaw the Bandai sharks gashapon and went apes..t until I got the whole set. In summation I have:

1 Great white
1 Scalloped hammerhead
4 Bamboo sharks
3 Viper dogfish

sounds like you are going to actual gashapon machines to get them? I have the viper dogfish. I would have gotten the bamboo shark, but I already have the Safari version and they both represent juveniles

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 25, 2023, 03:44:54 PM
Quote from: JimoAi on June 25, 2023, 03:35:13 PMsaw the Bandai sharks gashapon and went apes..t until I got the whole set. In summation I have:

1 Great white
1 Scalloped hammerhead
4 Bamboo sharks
3 Viper dogfish

sounds like you are going to actual gashapon machines to get them? I have the viper dogfish. I would have gotten the bamboo shark, but I already have the Safari version and they both represent juveniles

that's right! I have 2 Bandai official gashapon stores in my region with one being permanent! It's cheaper to get them online but i'ld like the fun of rolling the gashapon machines.

Little teaser on the great white review: I've made some very interesting observations and I can say it's not your typical great white...