News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 05, 2023, 11:27:00 PMJust got the DCS fllightfish; thanks to @NSD Bashe for altering me to it on eBay.

Don't feel like taking a pic for one figure, so here's a link the N'Bashe's (it's the smaller plastic one):
https://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=63.msg35220#msg35220ash

That's lucky. The only other flashlight fish I'm aware of is one that comes with a dragonfish for the Kaiyodo Aqua night museum set. Much smaller of course, but comes with ambient lighting!

EpicRaptorMan

@BlueKrono thanks for the link. I was looking around the site before dedicating to a purchase; never knew SafariLtd had a MockingBird — it's tempting.

Edit: Tried making a purchase of some figures, excluding the mockingbird, but wasn't able to complete the order because my phone# was deemed invalid. :/

BlueKrono

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on June 07, 2023, 06:23:01 AM@BlueKrono thanks for the link. I was looking around the site before dedicating to a purchase; never knew SafariLtd had a MockingBird — it's tempting.

Edit: Tried making a purchase of some figures, excluding the mockingbird, but wasn't able to complete the order because my phone# was deemed invalid. :/

@EpicRaptorMan I ran into the same issue when I tried to check out with one of those payment options. The seller actually added PayPal as a payment method at my behest, and that went through no problem. Do you see it as an option for you?
I like turtles.

EpicRaptorMan

@BlueKrono I contacted them and they got back to me and allowed me to do PayPal.

That was yesterday. Not sure if they sent a tracking number or anything. The only confirmation I got was via PayPal.

BlueKrono

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on June 08, 2023, 10:15:35 PM@BlueKrono I contacted them and they got back to me and allowed me to do PayPal.

That was yesterday. Not sure if they sent a tracking number or anything. The only confirmation I got was via PayPal.

@EpicRaptorMan Sounds like you're set, my man. Mine only took about a week to arrive.
I like turtles.

callmejoe3

Just got the CollectA right whale. It's just as big as their old bowhead, which made it look gigantic after getting used to the modest scale of the Papo figure!

IMO, it's definitely the best right whale figure out there.

bmathison1972

Nice, @callmejoe3 - I just my latest CollectA in, too: the Rough Collie and angelshark.

I am so glad I got the shark! I feared it would be too big but it's smaller than I anticipated! I just have to realize I can't look at a published size and then look at a ruler and come up with any kind of idea how it will look in person. Anyway, without CollectA saying which species it is, I will designate it as the type species, Squatina squatina. As such, it replaces the Play Visions version in my collection. Highly recommended.

The collie has an amazing sculpt, but the paint isn't as detailed as promo pics, a slight step down after the amazing boxer and beagle from a couple years ago. it's still a lovely figure and probably one of the best of its breed.

callmejoe3

Neat, I should get around to get that one too. At the moment I can't seem to find the Goblin shark I ordered!

EpicRaptorMan

That Right whale does look stellar. Interested in seeing more 360° in comparison to the SafariLtd one.

Still waiting on HappyHenToys to get the Goblin/Angel shark & River dolphin all at once.

JimoAi

Quote from: callmejoe3 on June 09, 2023, 09:08:53 PMJust got the CollectA right whale. It's just as big as their old bowhead, which made it look gigantic after getting used to the modest scale of the Papo figure!

IMO, it's definitely the best right whale figure out there.
I feel the Safari one is better in terms of proportions and they seem to be the same size to one another. is one better than the other?

callmejoe3

Quote from: JimoAi on June 10, 2023, 04:09:48 PMI feel the Safari one is better in terms of proportions and they seem to be the same size to one another. is one better than the other?

Believe me, in terms of the head sculpt and proportions, the the CollectA figure more closely resembles how right whales look in underwater or when hauled to land stations.

bmathison1972

If I had to buy a right whale now, I would go with CollectA, but for my needs I see no reason to replace the Safari figure. Had the Papo figure been larger, I would have gotten it to represent the other species since it has more white (not definitive, but supportive)

NSD Bashe

I have just obtained the mini version of the AAA loosejaw:

mini-AAA-loosejaw.jpg

I have nearly half of all the minis now   ;D

Saarlooswolfhound

Congrats! Another AAA I didn't know about.

NSD Bashe

thanks  ^-^

if you're curious on page 2 of the deep sea thread someone posted a photo of nearly the entire set of "AAA minis" (sans the mini viperfish, assuming that exists out there)

callmejoe3

Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 10, 2023, 05:45:47 PMIf I had to buy a right whale now, I would go with CollectA, but for my needs I see no reason to replace the Safari figure. Had the Papo figure been larger, I would have gotten it to represent the other species since it has more white (not definitive, but supportive)

Yeah, if it were the size of all the others, the Papo figure would have been a must-have.

bmathison1972

My next Blog review arrived. What's inside? Stay tuned! Maybe at the end of next week...

JimoAi

something big definitely!

Saarlooswolfhound

Congrats everyone! Can't wait to see it Blaine!

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: JimoAi on June 14, 2023, 05:23:10 AMsomething big definitely!
Don't be so sure. I got the Serval from SafariLtd (just one figure) and they sent it in the large 2'x1' box