News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Got the new Safari Albertosaurus today! And with it the Papo hedgehog, which replaces a Kaiyodo version (that is very nice but represents a domestic variety; this Papo one is more wild type)

bmathison1972

Bunch of goodies today!

First, the recent Pallas' cormorant by Kaiyodo. While I was at it, I filled in the gaps for some fish species I was still missing:
1. Kaiyodo striped bitterling, Acheilognathus cyanostigma
2. Kaiyodo rock catfish, Silurus litophilus
3. Kaiyodo black kokanee, Onchorhynchus kawamurae
4. Kaiyodo bluespotted boxfish, Ostracion immaculatus
5. Kaiyodo white sturgeon, Acipencer transmontanus
6. Furuta striated frogfish, Antennarius striatus

I also got the recent SO-TA dung beetles, recently reviewed on the Blog by Beetle guy:

Lastly I got the recent 3D Stasto Ladybugs & Goliathines set, but I will be reviewing one for my next blog review, so you'll see pics then

Ikessauro

Wow, awesome haul @bmathison1972 ! Congrats.

Also wanted to share another model, I have recently added to the collection. This is another Safari Ltd Diamondback Rattle snake, with rattling rattle. I had bought the first one on eBay in an auction, when the second one popped up for sale in a lot together with the Red Tail Boa I posted previously. The seller would not sell the Boa separately, so I had to buy the lot. At first  I intended to sell the second copy, until I received the second copy and compared them. I noticed a difference in paint job. Since I do collect paint variants, I'll be keeping both for now.

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 02, 2022, 11:13:26 PMBunch of goodies today!

First, the recent Pallas' cormorant by Kaiyodo. While I was at it, I filled in the gaps for some fish species I was still missing:
1. Kaiyodo striped bitterling, Acheilognathus cyanostigma
2. Kaiyodo rock catfish, Silurus litophilus
3. Kaiyodo black kokanee, Onchorhynchus kawamurae
4. Kaiyodo bluespotted boxfish, Ostracion immaculatus
5. Kaiyodo white sturgeon, Acipencer transmontanus
6. Furuta striated frogfish, Antennarius striatus

I also got the recent SO-TA dung beetles, recently reviewed on the Blog by Beetle guy:

Lastly I got the recent 3D Stasto Ladybugs & Goliathines set, but I will be reviewing one for my next blog review, so you'll see pics then

I keep missing out on that rock catfish... I just have the gold version...

Nice find!

bmathison1972

Thanks Sean; a 'nice find' comment by you means it's something worth having!!!  ^-^

EpicRaptorMan

I think the top Rattlesnake has a better color variant, but cool find. Depending on size I'd wager buying one too and putting it at the corner of my house for a prank xD

EpicRaptorMan

Snagged a Safari Ltd N.American Porcupine though not quite sure how I feel about it.

Also managed to find another 1997 Crocodile Shark pop up for sale and purchased that within hours of the listing being published. I told @bmathison1972 that I'd get the next one I find lol

bmathison1972

glad you were able to get a crocodile shark! And I think the porcupine is really good, considering it's an animal whose morphology makes it inherently difficult to capture in plastic.

Gwangi

I'm cheating with this one because it's not a toy. Exoticon was in town and I picked up this tailless whip scorpion, I've been wanting one of these for awhile. I know some folks here will appreciate it. 

bmathison1972

I had one briefly as a pet too, but mine was caught by a co-worker from her house (this was when I was living in Phoenix)

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 19, 2022, 03:48:30 PMI had one briefly as a pet too, but mine was caught by a co-worker from her house (this was when I was living in Phoenix)

That's awesome! I had to pay for mine, haha.

MudpupWaterdog

Quote from: Gwangi on September 19, 2022, 03:29:07 PMI'm cheating with this one because it's not a toy. Exoticon was in town and I picked up this tailless whip scorpion, I've been wanting one of these for awhile. I know some folks here will appreciate it. 

It's beautiful! I'd love to have one myself someday, but I cannot imagine my girlfriend ever agreeing.

I'm surprised there isn't really a tailless whip scorpion figure out there...or is there and I'm just unaware?

endogenylove

Oh I love them, I would love to keep one myself some day!
Always looking for new species...

EpicRaptorMan

Crocodile Shark came in so was excited about that. Only a minor scuff or two that I'll paint over.

But scored another unique figure too which should be here soon: Lion-tailed Macaque from Chap Mei
https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Chap_Mei_Lion-tailed_macaque

endogenylove

I have a taobao parcel on the way, including the NTC red-bellied newt, ayu, and frogfish, the Kaiyodo day gecko, xingu river ray, fleischmann's glass frog, nutria, iriomote cat, izu thrush, and japanese shrew mole, Yujin manu poison frog, takara taipan and golden toad, PNSO tree kangaroo, SO-TA male bee hummingbird, Qualia Tiger Keelback, Naturalism (the brand which made the owls with tilted heads) Black and White Hawk Eagle, and strangely, the yowies palila and horned guan.

bmathison1972

Quote from: endogenylove on September 20, 2022, 06:38:52 PMI have a taobao parcel on the way, including the NTC red-bellied newt, ayu, and frogfish, the Kaiyodo day gecko, xingu river ray, fleischmann's glass frog, nutria, iriomote cat, izu thrush, and japanese shrew mole, Yujin manu poison frog, takara taipan and golden toad, PNSO tree kangaroo, SO-TA male bee hummingbird, Qualia Tiger Keelback, Naturalism (the brand which made the owls with tilted heads) Black and White Hawk Eagle, and strangely, the yowies palila and horned guan.

I have nearly all of those too LOL.

endogenylove

Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 20, 2022, 06:39:42 PM
Quote from: endogenylove on September 20, 2022, 06:38:52 PMI have a taobao parcel on the way, including the NTC red-bellied newt, ayu, and frogfish, the Kaiyodo day gecko, xingu river ray, fleischmann's glass frog, nutria, iriomote cat, izu thrush, and japanese shrew mole, Yujin manu poison frog, takara taipan and golden toad, PNSO tree kangaroo, SO-TA male bee hummingbird, Qualia Tiger Keelback, Naturalism (the brand which made the owls with tilted heads) Black and White Hawk Eagle, and strangely, the yowies palila and horned guan.

I have nearly all of those too LOL.

Most of them represent unique species for any species collector - although I will admit to being somewhat inspired by your collection ;)

bmathison1972

I got the last four of the mini PNSO critters I wanted: Microraptor, Liaoceratops, Sinosauropteryx, and Tianyulong.

I was gonna take a pic, but I'm pretty fatigued after the newest covid bivalent booster so I just don't feel up to it today, sorry.

BlueKrono

The horned guan is one of the neatest figures to come out of Yowies in recent history. I was stoked to see a couple at the Dallas Aquarium, and it was all because of this figure.
I like turtles.

Aye-Aye Fan

There's a couple of rare play visions animals on eBay at the moment, I just managed to get the Marbled Polecat and Zebra Duiker. In terms of prehistoric animals I also just got the AAA Large Hyaenodon and Entelodon to go alongside the small ones.
I just wish the world was twice as big and half of it was still unexplored. ~ Sir David Attenborough