News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicRaptorMan

Here are a few of my new ones.

Papo — Mandrill
Eikoh — Slow Loris
Eikoh — Giant Japanese Salamander

I liked the Loris more than I thought I would but I wished the salamander was a larger.

bmathison1972

Some Japanese 2021:

First, a couple mollusks from the third collection of the 'Shellfish with a Lid Mascot' collection by Toys Spirits. They are hinged and open revealing the fleshy foot. They were also sold as keychains. They were not identified to the species level, but have identified them as Meretrix lusoria and Tridacna maxima (I was hoping the giant clam would have been a different species of Tridacna, but T. maxima is the best option). Neither is a new species for me, but I can make exceptions for bivalves :). I will review the T. maxima on the Blog in the near future.

Next a couple mantids in the second volume of Bandai's Diversity of Life on Earth Mantid collection. The figures require assembly and are heavily articulated. Both each came in a dark and light form, but I got one color for each species. They can also be displayed with their wings open, but I will display mine closed as shown here. The D. truncata is a new species in toy form:

1. Southeast Asian dead leaf mantis, Deroplatys lobata
2. dead leaf mantis, Deroplatys truncata

Lastly, the highlight!! The complete collection by Bandai, Diversity of Life on Earth - Peacock Spiders. They are articulated with some assembly. Males of four species and a female of one of them. I plan on reviewing the m+f pair of the M. volans.

1. coastal peacock spider, Maratus speciosus
2. lobed peacock spider, M. lobatus
3. flying peacock spider, M. volans (male)
4. masked peacock spider, M. personatus
5. M. volans (female)

JimoAi

JimoAi

Small tease of things to come IMG_20211204_011429.jpg

bmathison1972

No tease! Show it all!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 03, 2021, 05:18:15 PM
No tease! Show it all!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hasn't arrive to my country. This is from the proxy

EpicRaptorMan

I would share some of mine but the forum won't let me upload photos past 1000kb.

But I did get an Anhinga, Shark Ray, Wobbegong, and Fox-faced Rabbitfish recently.

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on December 04, 2021, 04:26:38 AM
I would share some of mine but the forum won't let me upload photos past 1000kb.

But I did get an Anhinga, Shark Ray, Wobbegong, and Fox-faced Rabbitfish recently.

@EpicRaptorMan - if you have PhotoShop or simiiar, try resizing your pics. 150 dpi at 6 inches wide will be big enough and high enough resolution to look good on the forum (if you submit blog entries, I can resize them for you, if need be)

EpicRaptorMan

@bmathison1972  yeah I tried an online image converter for some of the images I have uploaded already. But it's a bit tedious to use especially when I am posting handfuls.

May just have to share my Google Photo Album

bmathison1972

I was hoping to get through December without buying any animal figures, but then @K907 was nice enough to point out this rarity on eBay, the Safari Ltd. crocodile shark! There is something that owes to its rarity (limited release, special event, etc, I can't remember - maybe @sphyrna18 can shed some light and confirm, or correct, my thoughts)

Isurus

i colored his legs maratus personatus!

EpicRaptorMan

Yowie — Zebra Shark Baby
Papo — Leopard Seal
Papo — Mandarin Duck
Papo — Cormorant
CollectA — Dugong
CollectA — Waterbuck
CollectA — Pygmy Sperm Whale

Soon: Safari Ltd Moray Eel, Schleich Mountain Goat, and some Commerson's Dolphins.

Still wished I snagged that Crocodile Shark myself @bmathison1972  ::) >:D

Isidro

I'm incredibly heartshocked by your inmense talent as a video maker!!!! It costed me a lot of minutes to see that the video is not from a real alive spider displaying, but that you made it with your model in different positions. The result is amazing, the movements are exactly like the real spider!!! BRAVO!!!!

JimoAi

IMG_20211207_183621.jpg Another teaser. Can't show as items are not with me

JimoAi

First batch of items are here!  IMG_20211210_161101.jpg

Isidro

Nice. I don't collect prehistoric but I admire the PNSO Livyathan melvillei. The giant pangolin was one of the first figures of my collection.

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 07, 2021, 12:15:32 AM
I was hoping to get through December without buying any animal figures, but then @K907 was nice enough to point out this rarity on eBay, the Safari Ltd. crocodile shark! There is something that owes to its rarity (limited release, special event, etc, I can't remember - maybe @sphyrna18 can shed some light and confirm, or correct, my thoughts)

I have one as well. I don't think it was part of anything particularly,  but given it's very early release, back in 1997 apparently, it was probably just kind of forgotten.

The good news is that a miniature version of the same shark was released with the original (and still current) Sharks toob. Except it is labelled as a grey reef shark...despite looking nothing like that, or any other, carcharinid shark.

EpicRaptorMan

@JimoAi nice pangolin. I got the same one from the box set it came with. It had a flamingo, baby cheetah, baby African elephant, and baby giraffe.

I don't care much for the infants but the Schleich pangolin and flamingo are 👌

Isidro

My two newest additions:

1) Schleich white-handed gibbon. Saw it at a stationery, and after a short debate with a friend about if it's better to buy this one or choose better the Papo one, finally I decided for it and next day I bought it. It's my first ape.

One of my usual silly short histories:

"I don't like to come down from my trees to ground, but I'm thirsty... This is a risky operation, a predator can appear anywhere... I hope my secret weapon will work if that happen!"

"mmm look who is here! A young monkey, they're tasteful but difficult to catch. Fortunately this one don't have any tree nearby for escape!"

"Ough, time to reveal my weapon! SNIFF THIS DAMN TIGER! MY AXILS ARE TOXIC!"

"well I think is better to go to a better meal, this one smells so bad!"

Now, for comparison purposes, with my monkey troop. It fits very nicely sizewise with many other primates.

Isidro

2) the CollectA African civet. Found in a toy shop that only sells CollectA amongst animal figurines. I had in my wishlist from long time ago, so...

All my members of the mongoose family: