News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Some recent finds.

First of all, 7 figures from the 'Animals with Superpowers' collection by Yowie Group (the sunflower sea star is en route):

brown sea cucumber, Isostichopus fuscus
Chinhai spotted newt, Echinotriton chinhaiensis
hooded pitohui, Pitohui dichrous
mutable rain frog, Pristimantis mutabilis
pygmy blue-tongued lizard, Tiliqua adalaidensis
ruby-eyed green pit viperTrimeresurus rubeus
southern bent-winged bat, Miniopterus oriaenae bassanii

On eBay a dealer was selling several of the K&M International Frogs Nature Tube figures, so I bought the American green tree frog (Dryophytes cinereus) and the tomato frog, (Dyscophus antongilii). K&M frogs are not marketed at the species level, so I chose the tomato frog to represent D. antongilii as I have the Colorata figure which was specifically sold as D. guineti.

JimoAi

IMG_20210814_191510.jpg
Ight have been really busy as of late die to me having a high chance of failing some modules and I don't have time to show off my haul as of late since July. But these guys came in the mail today

Lanthanotus

Am considering that phenomenal whale shark myself for a while now.... but where to put the recent animal collection now?! :D

Those Yowie bird, frog and Blue Tongue are so nice too :)

bmathison1972

I am patiently (or maybe not-so patiently) awaiting MiniZoo to get the rest of the 2021 CollectA figures in so I can get that Xiphactinus (among other things)!

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 14, 2021, 03:55:22 PM
I am patiently (or maybe not-so patiently) awaiting MiniZoo to get the rest of the 2021 CollectA figures in so I can get that Xiphactinus (among other things)!

Mine is obtained from ebay

https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/2021-NEW-Collecta-Dinosaur-Toy-Figure-Xiphactinus-1-40-Scale-/224570194499?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

JimoAi

Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 14, 2021, 01:53:08 PM
Am considering that phenomenal whale shark myself for a while now.... but where to put the recent animal collection now?! :D

Those Yowie bird, frog and Blue Tongue are so nice too :)
That's a basking shark

Lanthanotus

Yeah, sorry, in fact, no white spots and those enormous gills (next to other features)....right the thing I had in mind, but the wrong name came to mind.

bmathison1972

Just got three more of the newest Yowies - transcontinental acquisitions with @Gwangi LOL

blue ornamental (peacock) tarantula, Poecilotheria metallica [my next blogpost]
sunflower sea star, Pycnopodia helianthoides
black-flanked rock wallaby, Petrogale lateralis

Just need two: bumblebee and lyrebird

Gwangi

I can't believe that's the same three I also acquired today.

bmathison1972

Got the PNSO Heliocoprion today! There are good pics of it above, so I am going to be lazy and not take a pic of mine. But I got it! LOL

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 14, 2021, 11:32:11 PM
Just got three more of the newest Yowies - transcontinental acquisitions with @Gwangi LOL

blue ornamental (peacock) tarantula, Poecilotheria metallica [my next blogpost]
sunflower sea star, Pycnopodia helianthoides
black-flanked rock wallaby, Petrogale lateralis

Just need two: bumblebee and lyrebird

I find the inability to find Yowies where I live really annoying. At minimum I need the newt and hyena. But eBay sellers are charging outrageous amounts for them, and the postage is even worse.

bmathison1972

If I had extra of either @sbell I'd sell them to you cheap. I didn't get an extra newt and I never got a hyena.

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 28, 2021, 12:53:52 PM
If I had extra of either @sbell I'd sell them to you cheap. I didn't get an extra newt and I never got a hyena.

No worries. Maybe eventually!

JimoAi

FB_IMG_1630155992981.jpg stuff I got from mid July til now excluding non animal models like pokemon or pixar figures. Am really impressed by them but kinda disappointed at the Kitan club rays. The pelvic fin arrangement look worse in person IMO :/

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on August 28, 2021, 02:08:30 PM
Am really impressed by them but kinda disappointed at the Kitan club rays. The pelvic fin arrangement look worse in person IMO :/

Not surprised; they looked pretty stylized in the promotional pics. Still hope you review them for the Blog; would be a fun and quirky set :)

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 28, 2021, 02:15:11 PM
Am really impressed by them but kinda disappointed at the Kitan club rays. The pelvic fin arrangement look worse in person IMO :/

Not surprised; they looked pretty stylized in the promotional pics. Still hope you review them for the Blog; would be a fun and quirky set :)
Could do that in the near future

BlueKrono

@JimoAi
Is that a six-gilled shark on the edge of that shelf?
I like turtles.

JimoAi

Quote from: BlueKrono on August 29, 2021, 01:05:07 AM
@JimoAi
Is that a six-gilled shark on the edge of that shelf?
Frilled shark by ikimon

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 28, 2021, 02:15:11 PM

They do remind me Abit of the Papo Giganotosaurus esp with the posing choises

JimoAi

FB_IMG_1630757156594.jpg  added new items bought from suruga ya