Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Nice haul, Andre. It's basically the entire 2016 Japanese releases! LOL. I hope we get some cool walkarounds out of this lot

I have all the arthropods (of course) as well as one of the planarians.

brontodocus

Many thanks, stemturtle and Blaine! :) Oh, I had completely missed the id request for the snails & slugs set, probably because I've been away most of the time back then. But I do have an id for the snails! :) I think some of those are 2015 and a few sets seem to become scarcer recently (especially the caterpillars) so I'm happy I could grab them before they're gone for good. I've already missed out on a few sets of recent years which are now harder to come by...

Edit: the link stemturtle posted is now in the species identification thread: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=205.msg14694#msg14694

sauroid

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: sbell on November 25, 2016, 01:52:57 PM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on November 25, 2016, 06:49:04 AM
How did you get all those? Thats pretty cool!

He has family in Japan!

Well, that explains it, lucky him!
I am the Dinosaur King!

Beetle guy

Quote from: stemturtle on November 26, 2016, 10:25:23 PM
Brontodocus, great loot. I spy the Takara set of snails and slugs. About 4 months ago I asked for species ID on the figure identification thread .
No reply so far. If you can come up with an idea, I would appreciate your help.

Lovely haul Brontodocus! Great collection of pieces. I have been using Buyee for some years. Last year the shipping costs in Japan have gone up. But when you choose and combine smart it works great!
To beetle or not to beetle.

brontodocus

Many thanks, sauroid and Beetle Guy! :) Yes, I think it was the right decision and time, these were from eight or so different sellers and buyee had a 20% discount on EMS shipping (well, shipping wasn't that much of a problem, anyways, since the parcel wasn't that big).

postsaurischian

Great hauls everyone!
Nice catching up, Andre - up to date now ;D.

I got a tiny self-made crocodile for my birthday :).

postsaurischian

^-^  A nice package from China has arrived today.

Jetoar

Rhino and Hyena are awesome  :o. Thanks for sharing again  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

beautiful africans. will you post pics of the spotted hyena in different angels?

postsaurischian

sauroid

thanks. it is so beautiful.

bmathison1972

In the last couple days I have received:

1) Epoch Flying Beetles (2004)--see Beetle Guy's review of the set
2) Butterflies of the World by Franklin Mint (see images in my review of the set in the walkarounds section).

brontodocus

Wonderful newcomers Helge and Blaine! 8) Having placed my first order from PNSO two weeks ago, I received a notification from GdSK that they have my package and can do the customs clearances for me for an additional €26,95. I wrote them that I'll do that myself and just sent a letter to customs at Frankfurt Airport yesterday. I hope everything works out fine but I'm unfamiliar with this procedure (and it was rather complicated to fill everything out). It seems EMS parcels from China to Germany would generally land in the hands of GdSK. Helge, did you experience something similar with your parcel?

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on December 17, 2016, 11:18:30 AM
Wonderful newcomers Helge and Blaine! 8) Having placed my first order from PNSO two weeks ago, I received a notification from GdSK that they have my package and can do the customs clearances for me for an additional €26,95. I wrote them that I'll do that myself and just sent a letter to customs at Frankfurt Airport yesterday. I hope everything works out fine but I'm unfamiliar with this procedure (and it was rather complicated to fill everything out). It seems EMS parcels from China to Germany would generally land in the hands of GdSK. Helge, did you experience something similar with your parcel?

With my first PNSO order through Amazon.com (Chungkingosaurus, Basilosaurus and 4 minis) I also got into GdSK trouble (hate them >:(!). This order (White Rhinoceros & Spotted Hyena) I placed on Amazon.de and everything was as it should be. I got the parcel from our local custom office. So I thought this made the difference, but I guess you ordered through Amazon.de as well :-\. Then my theory is disproved.

Respect, Andre :o! I didn't have the time and nerves to fill in all those codes I have no idea where to get them from.

I asked my custom officer about GdSK and told him that I think this is coercion. He said he could understand me, but that it is barely legal :(.
Once more I know why I hate economy and the people that are involved in it. I'm working hard for my money. They don't and make much more. Some may call them intelligent. I call them ...... argh! I'm afraid I'm not allowed to write here what I call them.

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 18, 2016, 02:06:55 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on December 17, 2016, 11:18:30 AM

With my first PNSO order through Amazon.com (Chungkingosaurus, Basilosaurus and 4 minis) I also got into GdSK trouble (hate them >:(!). This order (White Rhinoceros & Spotted Hyena) I placed on Amazon.de and everything was as it should be. I got the parcel from our local custom office. So I thought this made the difference, but I guess you ordered through Amazon.de as well :-\. Then my theory is disproved.

Respect, Andre :o! I didn't have the time and nerves to fill in all those codes I have no idea where to get them from.

I asked my custom officer about GdSK and told him that I think this is coercion. He said he could understand me, but that it is barely legal :(.
Once more I know why I hate economy and the people that are involved in it. I'm working hard for my money. They don't and make much more. Some may call them intelligent. I call them ...... argh! I'm afraid I'm not allowed to write here what I call them.
Yes, filling out the online form was a painstaking task to do. But there are online tutorials for it. I'll let you know if everything worked out. By the way, I placed my order via amazon.co.uk, not .de - just because the discount was better. So it may still be a good idea to go via amazon.de next time.

Beetle guy

In the Netherlands it is the same. If you order for more than 22 dollars (shipping is included!!) from outside of the EU you must pay taxes and administration costs.
The Post service pays your taxes (VAT) and administration costs and than charges you on delivery. Sometimes little packages slip through though.

brontodocus

Quote from: Beetle guy on December 19, 2016, 10:23:02 AM
In the Netherlands it is the same. If you order for more than 22 dollars (shipping is included!!) from outside of the EU you must pay taxes and administration costs.
The Post service pays your taxes (VAT) and administration costs and than charges you on delivery. Sometimes little packages slip through though.
Yes, that's exactly the same as in Germany, even the €22 limit. I guess it's the same in all EC countries that have the €. I'm o.k. with the 19% tax of course but an additional €26,95 for a third party's unwanted service which is nothing more than filling out the forms for me is quite a ripoff. Thank goodness GdSK apparently has nothing to do with EMS parcels coming from Japan, that would be desastrous!

Beetle guy

Quote from: brontodocus on December 19, 2016, 09:06:10 PM
Yes, that's exactly the same as in Germany, even the €22 limit. I guess it's the same in all EC countries that have the €. I'm o.k. with the 19% tax of course but an additional €26,95 for a third party's unwanted service which is nothing more than filling out the forms for me is quite a ripoff. Thank goodness GdSK apparently has nothing to do with EMS parcels coming from Japan, that would be desastrous!

Japan Post packages are subject to taxes frequently, the large amount on "administration costs" is ridiculous indeed! EMS does not seem to have this problem indeed though more expensive in the first place.

I will post my recent acquisitions coming week. there are some beautifull beetles amongst them ;-)

Jetoar

Today I have recived some figures of Safari Carnegie and I am waiting my Christmas presents   ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures