News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Long-tailed Chinchilla (CollectA - Wild Life)

Started by brontodocus, May 05, 2015, 12:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Cuteness alert! :o ;D Walk-around of the CollectA Wild Life 88722 Long-tailed Chinchilla, Chinchilla lanigera Bennett, 1829; new for 2015. It's quite a tiny figure, snout-vent length would be around 50 mm if the figure was stretched out and the tail adds another 28 mm so the scale is approx. 1:5. Threatened by poaching, hunting, and habitat destruction the Long-tailed Chinchilla's wild population is in serious trouble, a 1996 survey yielded only 42 remaining colonies in Chile but the decline has continued since then and IUCN considers Chinchilla lanigera "Critically Endangered".

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

Jetoar

Really beautiful replica with a good hair sculpt  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Thanks, Jetoar! :) Yes, they surely can make great fur texture at CollectA!

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on May 07, 2015, 06:56:55 PM
Thanks, Jetoar! :) Yes, they surely can make great fur texture at CollectA!

The same quality they have demostrated with the Amur Leopard.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Takama

Dr Andre, is it true that these animals can melt in water?   I know it would make them susceptible to illness, but a pet store employee said that Chinchillas can actually melt in water.

brontodocus

Quote from: Takama and Rex on May 08, 2015, 12:52:54 AM
Dr Andre, is it true that these animals can melt in water?   I know it would make them susceptible to illness, but a pet store employee said that Chinchillas can actually melt in water.
No, that employee is talking nonsense. ;D You're right, a bath in water isn't good for their health (they bath in dust instead) but it doesn't mean they'd dissolve.

brontodocus