News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Beneath the Surface~my repaint marine lifes~a friend from China

Started by Orcamel Studio, December 25, 2014, 08:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcamel Studio

Hello my friends,marry christmas!Today I'll bring some of my repaints,my  favorite, marine lifes!
Repaint  montarybay aquarium sperm whale

Repaint  CollectaA whale shark,I painted as my  favorite animal artist--Martin Camm's colour ^-^

Repaint  Safari ltd's whale shark,this one's shape is perfect,better than the Safari montarybay aquarium's

Repaint  safari ltd's Dunkleosteus,I painted as a gaint red belly Piranha

Repaint  safari ltd's manatee,I made it looks a little bit dirty~ ;D

Repaint  kaiyodo's humhead wrasses, very small,I spended lot  of time to painting

Repaint Kaiyodo's Japnese Aquarium capsule's Mata turtle,I repainted it as a black mata ;D

That's all thank you~I'll bring more soon~Marry Christmas my friends and a Happy New Year! :))

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

While they are all wonderful I have to say my favourite is actually the dirty Manatee! :) Amazing, very subtle work! And you even repainted a Kaiyodo Aquatales resin Humphead Wrasse? :o

Orcamel Studio

Quote from: brontodocus on December 27, 2014, 05:56:30 PM
While they are all wonderful I have to say my favourite is actually the dirty Manatee! :) Amazing, very subtle work! And you even repainted a Kaiyodo Aquatales resin Humphead Wrasse? :o
I'm happy you love them~The dirty manatee I repainted it three years ago ;D
I repaint the Kaiyodo Aquatales resin Humphead Wrasse also,the offical paint is too bad,I have to repaint it,because the humhead wrasses is the one of my favorite fishes

I update some new pics of my repaints today,hope you like it ;D

Orcamel Studio

Quote from: Jetoar on December 25, 2014, 12:50:43 PM
You water effect are awesome  ^-^.
Thank you always support me! Some time I just feel too few people here,they just view,too less reply :'(

brontodocus

Quote from: CJCJWIN on December 28, 2014, 02:38:07 PM
I repaint the Kaiyodo Aquatales resin Humphead Wrasse also,the offical paint is too bad,I have to repaint it,because the humhead wrasses is the one of my favorite fishes
Well, I received my Kaiyodo Aquatales Humphead Wrasse shortly before Christmas. And while your repaint is of course a vast improvement, I'd say the original paint job isn't all too bad for a mass-produced figure, although the Aquameridian and Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour versions are definitely better painted than the Aquatales polyresin figure.

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on December 27, 2014, 05:56:30 PM

That surprised me quite a bit as well--for the most part, Kaiyodo models rarely get changed!

But if you have the skills shown here, I suppose, why not make improvements? ;)

lunate

Amazing paintwork! The humpback wrasse is my favourite. I like that you've included the detailed changes in markings at the neck and tail bridge :)