News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Red Fox (Collecta - Wild Life).

Started by Jetoar, December 15, 2014, 05:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Hello friends, this is the figure of Red Fox (Vulpes vulpes) Linnaeus, 1758 of Collecta-Wild Life. Total lenght is 70mm. This figure was relased in 2006 and it is avaliable. Red foxes originated from smaller-sized ancestors from Eurasia during the Middle Villafranchian period, and colonised North America shortly after the Wisconsin glaciation. Among the true foxes, the red fox represents a more progressive form in the direction of carnivory. The species has a long history of association with humans, having been extensively hunted as a pest and furbearer for centuries, as well as being prominently represented in human folklore and mythology.

Collecta is a young brand of figures, but in his short time of existence, they have done a lot of figures of different species of animals (included rare species of dinosaurs and animals). In their category of wild life, they have included the Red Fox. This figure is a nice representation of this animal. The colors are exact and the details are nice and the sculpture is awesome. I think that it is one of the best figures of this animal and a good acquistion for deers collectors.  I bought this figure in a toy store of Cádiz (Spain) one month ago ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

I'm a bit undecided about this fox, Jetoar. While it shows some good details I'm not too happy with its proportions, the head looks a little oversized in relation to the body. I'm still on the search for a good fox (other than the Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum Animatales 6 figure) by a major brand and haven't decided yet which one to get.

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on December 16, 2014, 10:07:32 AM
I'm a bit undecided about this fox, Jetoar. While it shows some good details I'm not too happy with its proportions, the head looks a little oversized in relation to the body. I'm still on the search for a good fox (other than the Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum Animatales 6 figure) by a major brand and haven't decided yet which one to get.

I think that, the last Schleich red fox is a good replica. I think that this figure is a old figure, even has Procon in its belly. I supose that Collecta wil do a new figure of this specie comig soon.

brontodocus

Quote from: Jetoar on December 16, 2014, 11:15:12 AM
I think that, the last Schleich red fox is a good replica. I think that this figure is a old figure, even has Procon in its belly. I supose that Collecta wil do a new figure of this specie comig soon.
Good to know, so here's hoping for an update! :)

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on December 16, 2014, 11:24:16 AM
Quote from: Jetoar on December 16, 2014, 11:15:12 AM
Good to know, so here's hoping for an update! :)

A good example of this is the scupt of the Black-backed Jackal of Collecta  ^-^.

brontodocus

Quote from: Jetoar on December 16, 2014, 12:08:17 PM
A good example of this is the scupt of the Black-backed Jackal of Collecta  ^-^.
Oh - now that you mention it, I didn't even know the current version had a predecessor! :o

bmathison1972

the newer of the Safari LTD red fox (don't remember year) is pretty good.

brontodocus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 16, 2014, 08:16:51 PM
the newer of the Safari LTD red fox (don't remember year) is pretty good.
The current NAW version? From the catalogue photos that one looks great. :)

skysthelimit

Quote from: brontodocus on December 16, 2014, 06:56:33 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on December 16, 2014, 12:08:17 PM
Oh - now that you mention it, I didn't even know the current version had a predecessor! :o
Because it didn't  ;)