News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo - New for 2015

Started by bmathison1972, December 03, 2014, 01:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Well, the hideous caterpillars and montane Japanese animals will round out 2014.

Releases for early 2015 will include the insect pests (January) and the geckos (February).

[if anyone has pics, please feel free to add to this thread].

The best link for what's new with Kaiyodo can be found here: http://www.capsuleq.in/m/index.htm

stargatedalek

don't forget the frogs are also coming in January ;)

sauroid

brontodocus

Yay, I can't wait, too! :) How did you know those release dates? Are they somewhere on the capsuleq.in site?

bmathison1972

Looks like a small, but North American set is coming out: http://dai4.com/item/1580

sauroid

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 06, 2014, 07:52:39 PM
Looks like a small, but North American set is coming out: http://dai4.com/item/1580
Yay, thanks from me, too, Blaine! :o 8) Phew, is the retail price going to be 6,300 yen? Sigh, even though that hurts I guess I still want to have the set. I wonder if this is meant to be a set of species native to North America or if it is meant as a set that focuses on invasive species that have been introduced to Japan. ???

stargatedalek

it list the price of the Marine Reptiles set at 4800, so I'm not entirely certain we are understanding those prices(?) correctly

brontodocus

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 08, 2014, 09:34:07 PM
it list the price of the Marine Reptiles set at 4800, so I'm not entirely certain we are understanding those prices(?) correctly
Ah, okay, maybe I just mistook that for a possible retail price. I just checked the marine reptiles. Hmm, without the secret colour Plesiosaurus the set usually sells for a lot cheaper (I paid around $ 15 for a basic set without the secret colour version) and even if it's a complete set... the 4,800 seems to have been reduced from an original 8,800 and that seems unlikely high even with secret included.

stargatedalek

perhaps that price is for several packages and intended for wholesaler reference

bmathison1972

This is coming out in April 2015. Guess there is no need to get that crappy chinamal mole cricket  8).

Not sure how long this link will be active; I tried unsuccessfully to save the image...

http://dai4.com/item/1624

postsaurischian

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 25, 2014, 02:53:53 PM
This is coming out in April 2015. .......

:D Hurra! Another Tardigrade! Here's the pic:

sbell

I'm not a crawly things guy but I'm pretty sure I'll need this set...!

sauroid

awesome looking creepy crawlies

postsaurischian

Quote from: sbell on December 25, 2014, 11:22:04 PM

Fish food? ;D      ... just joking, I guess it's also mainly the Tardigrade :).

bmathison1972

crawly things guy....LOVE it! That is definitely me lol  ;D

sbell

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 26, 2014, 03:29:57 PM

Fish food? ;D      ... just joking, I guess it's also mainly the Tardigrade :).

I've got two water bears, of course I need a third. But I have to admit, the earwig is a pretty big 2nd!

brontodocus

Seems like another wonderful new CapsuleQ set! :) Hey, weren't you talking about mole cricket figures, recently? Now that finally is a good one! :) Same is true for the earwig, although I would have preferred a winged species like Forficula auricularia. The isopod is probably an Armadillidium sp. and the tardigrade an Echiniscus sp. much like the Agatsuma Entertainment figure. Heck, I even like the earthworm. ;D Definitely a set which I have to get as a whole.

sauroid

as a former terrestrial invertebrate keeper, i enjoy replicas of these creatures too.