News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Blaine's Collection - on shelves

Started by bmathison1972, November 02, 2014, 10:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaselfan93

Jetoar

Your collection are awesome  :o.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

bmathison1972

Quote from: Weaselfan93 on December 23, 2014, 07:48:38 PM
this collection is so awesome, Blaine! I love every bit of it. only one question stands out; What is the flea mini that looks like a smaller version of the Smithsonian one? what brand or set is that from?

the little flea is by Groovy Tube Books from their publication, 'Bug Blast!'

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 01, 2015, 12:23:15 AM
Quote from: Weaselfan93 on December 23, 2014, 07:48:38 PM
this collection is so awesome, Blaine! I love every bit of it. only one question stands out; What is the flea mini that looks like a smaller version of the Smithsonian one? what brand or set is that from?

That's one of the few sets we never got--that company made some great stuff, but for whatever reason they've ceased making anything.

bmathison1972

Quote from: sbell on February 01, 2015, 12:43:09 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 01, 2015, 12:23:15 AM

That's one of the few sets we never got--that company made some great stuff, but for whatever reason they've ceased making anything.

the Bug Blast! is still avail on ebay; I hunted it down while researching the flea. I actually dont have it, but have several of the figures from it that were in a batch given to me by a colleague

brontodocus

Dammit. Now you got me searching for that Bug Blast! set, too. ;D I only have their Gone Extinct! set so far.

bmathison1972

Photoshop images deleted

Jetoar

Nice to see your collection again and some of my models too  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Beetle guy

Nice collection, part of it ;-) Blaine!
Of what series/brand is the violin beetle?  I really like it!
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Beetle guy on September 25, 2016, 11:12:55 AM
Nice collection, part of it ;-) Blaine!
Of what series/brand is the violin beetle?  I really like it!

the violin beetle is of an unknown manufacturer. It was from a lot I bought on ebay that included all kinds of cool beetles, often identifiable to the genus level. The giraffe weevil on these shelves is from the same set.

brontodocus

Oh wow, stupendous and so well-organised! :o 8)

postsaurischian

:o Gulp! Astonishing beetle collection!

I've always loved that black & white Goliathus in the 6th picture (and still want it).

Beetle guy

The longicorn beetle left next to the kabaya beetle I've never encountered . Do you know the manufacturer?

bmathison1972

Quote from: Beetle guy on October 05, 2016, 06:07:05 PM
The longicorn beetle left next to the kabaya beetle I've never encountered . Do you know the manufacturer?

the large black one to the left (our left, looking towards them)? If so, that's an AAA model that clearly seems to be modeled after Cerambyx, possibly C. cedo.

Beetle guy

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 06, 2016, 12:21:16 AM

the large black one to the left (our left, looking towards them)? If so, that's an AAA model that clearly seems to be modeled after Cerambyx, possibly C. cedo.

Yep! quess that is as rare as the banjo beetle? Agaian nice to see this part of your collection! Planning to make photo's of mine to next week.

bmathison1972

Photoshop images deleted

bmathison1972

Photoshop images deleted

stemturtle

Bmathison, the presentation of your collection is museum quality.
I appreciate the wonderful biodiversity.

bmathison1972

Quote from: stemturtle on December 27, 2016, 04:06:05 PM
Bmathison, the presentation of your collection is museum quality.
I appreciate the wonderful biodiversity.

thank you stemturtle for the kind words!

bmathison1972

Photoshop images deleted