News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Raptor Attack!!! Hawks, Eagles, Condors, Vultures, Falcons, and Kin!

Started by brontodocus, December 28, 2012, 12:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ana

Very nice one :) I think this species is wonderful  :))

brontodocus

Thanks, Varanus and Ana! :)
Quote from: Varanus on December 31, 2012, 04:58:35 AM
Wow, I never knew there was a figure of this species other than the K&M one! :o
Oops, and I didn't know K&M made one. :o :-[

Varanus

Quote from: brontodocus on December 31, 2012, 01:12:25 PM
Thanks, Varanus and Ana! :)
Quote from: Varanus on December 31, 2012, 04:58:35 AM
Wow, I never knew there was a figure of this species other than the K&M one! :o
Oops, and I didn't know K&M made one. :o :-[
It's a part of their Birds of Prey tube and it's not nearly as well done as this Bullyland one. :)

Jetoar

Quote from: animaltoyforum on December 30, 2012, 11:32:38 PM
Bone breaker?  So it's no coincidence that this figure is clutching a bone. It looks like a bone anyway - some sort of femur?

Yes I think that it is a femur
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Walk-around of the Safari Ltd. Wings of the World California Condor, Gymnogyps californianus (Shaw, 1797). Length is 57 mm, wing span 148 mm, scale approx. 1:17 - 1:23 (but probably not over 1:20.5 based on wing span). Human figures are approx. 1:20 and 1:22.5 scale, respectively.
Here is the link to the figure at Safari Ltd.: http://safariltd.shptron.com/p/wings-of-the-world-birds-california-condor

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

Jetoar

tyrantqueen

I always thought this figure looked interesting but I could never judge whether I liked it or not because the catalogue photos weren't detailed enough :) Your photos helped remedy that ;)
Vultures and condors are awesome as well :)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

brontodocus

Thanks, Jetoar & Tyrantqueen! :) Well, the downside is of course that the figure would really need a proper base. Just like those pterosaur figures.

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 16, 2013, 11:43:22 PM
I always thought this figure looked interesting but I could never judge whether I liked it or not because the catalogue photos weren't detailed enough :) Your photos helped remedy that ;)
Vultures and condors are awesome as well :)

I think the same that you friend. Condors and vultures are amazing birds. I remember the first time that I saw a griffon vulture  ^-^

Varanus

Amazing figure and review!  I'll definetely be getting this one. :)

brontodocus

Walk-around of the Kaiyodo Red Data Animals California Condor, Gymnogyps californianus (Shaw, 1797). Height including base is 65 mm, total length approx. 70 mm, scale approx. 1:16 - 1:20. Human figure is approx. 1:19 scale. The other California Condor figure is the Safari Ltd. WoW version. Yes, surprisingly this time a Kaiyodo figure is actually a little larger than its counterpart by a western company (still there is a considerable overlap in scale).

Edit 2017-02-06: Fixed broken image urls.

brontodocus

Quote from: Varanus on January 17, 2013, 06:18:56 AM
Amazing figure and review!  I'll definetely be getting this one. :)
Thanks, Varanus! :) Although I have to say, I like the Kaiyodo Red Data Animals version a little more... but that one's of course harder to get. :-\

tyrantqueen

Awesome model. I love the last photo where the two condors are posed together :)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 18, 2013, 01:31:21 AM
Awesome model. I love the last photo where the two condors are posed together :)

I think the same  ^-^. Figures with other stands are very good for dirorams. Good review as always  ^-^.

brontodocus

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on January 18, 2013, 06:16:21 PM
Thanks, tyrantqueen & Jetoar! :)

You are welcome friend, he is a beautiful figure  ^-^.

Ana

Wonderful figure!! And beautiful photos! I also love the last one with two condors together :D
Too bad Kaiyodo Red Data figures are so expensive  ::)

brontodocus

Quote from: Ana on January 20, 2013, 09:38:17 AM
Wonderful figure!! And beautiful photos! I also love the last one with two condors together :D
Thanks, Ana! :) Yes, they are expensive outside of Japan... :-\ I was lucky to get an almost complete set (missing only the Alligator Snapping Turtle) via Jauce for a little over â,¬20 plus fees. :)

Ana

Quote from: brontodocus on January 20, 2013, 10:52:25 AM
Quote from: Ana on January 20, 2013, 09:38:17 AM
Thanks, Ana! :) Yes, they are expensive outside of Japan... :-\ I was lucky to get an almost complete set (missing only the Alligator Snapping Turtle) via Jauce for a little over â,¬20 plus fees. :)
Wow, that was goood deal indeed :D Congratulations!  :))

brontodocus

Fixed broken image urls in the walk-around of Bullyland Lammergeier. :)