News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

a total newbie named "brontodocus"

Started by brontodocus, December 06, 2012, 03:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Hi, my name is Andre, I'm a zoologist at the University of Bochum (mostly lecturing on arthropods). :) Some might know me from the Dinosaur Toy Forum where I go by the name brontodocus, too. I hope we have a good time here. :D I might have a few collection pictures I will show later on. Now to find a proper avatar and all these things... :-[

AnimalToyForum

Welcome Andre! I was hoping you would join, for I know the extent and breadth of your collection and interests  ^-^

brontodocus

Yay, thanks! I'm already liking it here. :D

AnimalToyForum

I see you picked an avatar image - is that a tardigrade?  :o Good choice!  :D

brontodocus

Hehe, yes, it's an Echiniscus sp. by Agatsuma Entertainment. :) Although my avatar may be subject to change - I'm still browsing for an appropriate beetle figure photo that I have. I mean - Charles Darwin once said "It seems therefore that a taste for collecting beetles is some indication of future success in life". Oh, well, he might as well have been wrong here...  :o ;D

sauroid

Jetoar

Hello again Brontodocus and wellcome  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

AnimalToyForum

I just noticed your signature image - awesome!

brontodocus

Hehe, thanks, Adam! :) I wanted something similar to my signature on DTF but this time only with figures of extant animals. All the photos were ready to assemble in a "collage" and I have plenty of free time this weekend (between cooking and sending the kids to bed and such) so the launch of the animal Toy Forum couldn't have come at a better time for me. :D

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on December 06, 2012, 03:36:37 PM
Hehe, yes, it's an Echiniscus sp. by Agatsuma Entertainment. :) Although my avatar may be subject to change .......

Nooo! Don't change the 'Bärtierchen' avatar ;D!

Jetoar

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 11, 2012, 07:28:08 AM
Quote from: brontodocus on December 06, 2012, 03:36:37 PM
Hehe, yes, it's an Echiniscus sp. by Agatsuma Entertainment. :) Although my avatar may be subject to change .......

Nooo! Don't change the 'Bärtierchen' avatar ;D!

;D

brontodocus

Yes, I like the Agatsuma tardigrade. But I was also thinking about maybe having a drawing by Niroot as an avatar.

I might have one that could be suitable... :) It's a part of the same drawing my Therizinosaurus DTF avatar comes from. And it was a birthday card. ^-^

Himmapaan

Quote from: brontodocus on December 11, 2012, 10:18:45 AM
Yes, I like the Agatsuma tardigrade. But I was also thinking about maybe having a drawing by Niroot as an avatar.

I might have one that could be suitable... :) It's a part of the same drawing my Therizinosaurus DTF avatar comes from. And it was a birthday card. ^-^

Aww...  :-[ :D

brontodocus

Hehe, it's all your fault. ;) Well, I could also rotate avatars. :D

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: brontodocus on December 11, 2012, 07:04:04 PM
Hehe, it's all your fault. ;) Well, I could also rotate avatars. :D

Nah, you should definitely keep them the correct way up.  ;D

brontodocus

;D
Actually that brought me to the idea to use an animated *.gif of a rotating Hymenopus coronatus orchid mantis I made some 14 years ago:

Too bad it won't show up rotating as an avatar, so I'll switch back to the tardigrade. :)

Jetoar

Cooool  8). I would like to do the same. You are talented  :).