News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

RARE Schleich Models

Started by Scottish Sungazer, July 11, 2014, 12:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottish Sungazer

For all you Schleich Collectors:

What models do you consider as being rare or hard to find? I know the Brown Pelican is meant to be rare but you see it fairly often on auction sites - all be it rather expensive. 

What models were issued in limited numbers?

Jetoar

I belive that one of the most rare figures is the wisen  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Scottish Sungazer

The European Bison is, in my opinion, one of the best model ever made by Schleich.

Quote from: Jetoar on July 11, 2014, 01:59:59 PM

widukind

Quote from: Jetoar on July 11, 2014, 01:59:59 PM

That you can find often on ebay.de- not cheap but often :)

widukind

A lot of human and very old figurines are very rare. I am not a Schleich collector but i think for animal figurines is the WWF serie very rare and very expensive. I also know that a beagle in a special colour is also very rare.

Scottish Sungazer

What figures are in the WWF series? I am not familiar with these.

Quote from: widukind on July 11, 2014, 04:50:04 PM
A lot of human and very old figurines are very rare. I am not a Schleich collector but i think for animal figurines is the WWF serie very rare and very expensive. I also know that a beagle in a special colour is also very rare.

widukind

Quote from: Scottish Sungazer on July 12, 2014, 01:34:40 AM
What figures are in the WWF series? I am not familiar with these.

Quote from: widukind on July 11, 2014, 04:50:04 PM

here you can see the orang utan, also in this serie are a giant panda, a przwalsky horse, a mexican grizzly and more (that i dont know at the moment)
this on ebay are without a base, figurines with the base are more expensive

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xschleich+wwf&_nkw=schleich+wwf&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Dragonwolf

The most recent acquisition of a Schleich model for me is the Musk Ox. Any retired figure is a rare figure sooner or later. And this musk ox is no exception. But owning one feels like accomplishing one more quest in the search for the Holy Grail of animal collectibles. Excelsior!!!

Scottish Sungazer

So what is next on your 'wanted list'?

Quote from: Dragonwolf on July 14, 2014, 03:44:53 AM
The most recent acquisition of a Schleich model for me is the Musk Ox. Any retired figure is a rare figure sooner or later. And this musk ox is no exception. But owning one feels like accomplishing one more quest in the search for the Holy Grail of animal collectibles. Excelsior!!!

widukind

Quote from: Dragonwolf on July 14, 2014, 03:44:53 AM

Sorry, for a holy grail you can find him tooooo much

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=Schleich+Moschusochse&_sacat=0&_from=R40

AlexE345

Quote from: Scottish Sungazer on July 11, 2014, 12:35:51 PM
For all you Schleich Collectors:

What models do you consider as being rare or hard to find? I know the Brown Pelican is meant to be rare but you see it fairly often on auction sites - all be it rather expensive. 

What models were issued in limited numbers?

Hi, I've been collecting Schleichs for a long time. I have a large collection, and one specific model I own has me wondering. I have all three of the 2003 African Elephants, the bull, cow, and calf, all of which are brown. However, I also have a gray calf, same model as the brown calf, just a different color. Also made in 2003. It also has a blue dot on its front left foot. I can't find it anywhere online because all models everywhere else are brown. I don't know if this is rare, special edition, or someone painted it and brought it back to the store.

sirenia

Did have a bit of a hunt for the Gharial, that was a tricky one.

Advicot

I found it UK eBay last night  :D
Don't I take long uploading photos!