News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Fungus Among Us!

Started by stemturtle, May 13, 2014, 01:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stemturtle

Three sets of 8 mushrooms are pictured on websites.  Not able to read Japanese, I can only guess at the designations of the sets.
1.   See this link: http://naturetechnicolour.com/ntc_16/.
2.   The set posted by Tyrantqueen here: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1036.0.
3.   The set of mushrooms that follows.

Nature Techni Colour Mushrooms Part 3? with ruler for scale

Shimeji, Hypsizygus marmoreus (or tessellates)

Hon-shimeji, Lyophyllum shimeji

Flowerpot parasol, Leucocoprinus birnbaumii

Common morel, Morchella esculenta (Minnesota state mushroom)

Half-dyed slender Caesar, Amanita hemibapha

Sky-blue pink gills, Rhodophyllus (or Entoloma) virescens

Ram's head, Grifola frondosa

(No common name), Podostroma cornu-damae

Happy birthday to Mrs. Stemturtle!    :)

tyrantqueen

Ooh, nice :) It's good to see fungi get some love. I'm surprised they have not included a Death Cap in any of their sets, since it's an infamous species and all.

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

widukind

urbnvampslayer

So has anyone been able to find these for sale? I've only been able to find series 1 so far.

Beetle guy

They also released this set, which I really like and purchased a month ago.

http://naturetechnicolour.com/ntc_50/
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

I have though about buying some of these Kitan Club fungus sets and using them to make mini diorama displays for fungivorous/soil insects

Beetle guy

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 01, 2018, 07:11:52 PM
I have though about buying some of these Kitan Club fungus sets and using them to make mini diorama displays for fungivorous/soil insects

The bioluminescence magnet types I have are really nice. They glow faintly in the dark as well!! Very nice diodorama stuff indeed! I have purchased the Kitan gekko with a moth as a prey as well for this reason ;-)

Beetle guy

the mushroom set 1,2 and 3 are very rubbery and soft. It is hard to remove the strap eye without leaving a trace. The magnet set is harder and I think of better quality because of it.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Beetle guy on January 01, 2018, 07:25:38 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 01, 2018, 07:11:52 PM

The bioluminescence magnet types I have are really nice. They glow faintly in the dark as well!! Very nice diodorama stuff indeed! I have purchased the Kitan gekko with a moth as a prey as well for this reason ;-)

I found a few sets on eBay and bought one. Interestingly the costs were 58, 66, and 119. Not sure why that last one was so expensive. I got the $66 set because of the cheaper two, it specifically said it was a set of 8 [ya sometimes have to watch the wording on these to see what you get...]

AnimalToyForum

Great little figures. It seems a shame to me that they each have a little molded hoop so they can be worn as a charm. Even though I know a few people who would wear these, I can't imagine there would be too many in the world(!), and for those few it would be a simple matter to modify a hoopless toy anyway.

bmathison1972

I have decided to expand my collection to fungi. Afterall, they are heterotrophic eukaryotes :). In fact, fungi are more closely related to true animals than some protozoans traditionally classified as animals!

This is a 2023 set by Rainbow called 'Tree Mushroom Collection Vol. 1'

artist's bracket, Ganoderma applanatum:

crab-of-the-woods, Laetiporus sulphureus:

tsukiyotake, Omphalotus japonicus (marketed as O. guepiniformis):

late oyster mushroom, Sarcomyxa serotina: