News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

My childhood collection of Puppy in my pocket

Started by dogEdoodoo, December 31, 2012, 11:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogEdoodoo

Hi, dogEdoodoo here, I just rediscovered my collection of puppy in my pocket, I think these are the old school ones, but they actually seem
better quality than the new puppy in my pockets which are sold nowadays.

I remember collecting these puppies one at a time, although due to my poor memory I can't remember where I got them from? I have an
inkling that I had to collect vouchers on the back of cereal boxes and send off for the puppy but I may well be wrong, I'm sure I didn't pay for them (I didn't steal them!)...If anyone has an idea of how these freebie puppies were collected I'd be glad to know!

I really loved this puppy in my pocket collection when I was a kid, other toys were often discarded as I opted to play with these puppies instead, each came with a card stating the puppies name and a few details about the puppy, I think that's the reason I particularly liked collecting them. I spent a lot of time memorizing their names, so much time infact that still now 15 or so years later I still remember many of their names! If anyone else used to collect these or has any other ones it would be great to see some pictures! here's a few of my favourites...

all of the other puppies are in the background waiting for their turn!  ;)

sauroid

tyrantqueen

I used to collect these as a kid :)

I don't have them any more though, sadly...

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Ana

I use to play with some of such doggies too! They are soo cute, I wish I could still have them  :)) Well, maybe I will try to find any on ebay, haha :)

Congratulations and thank you for sharing :D

brontodocus

Awww! ^-^ Although I may have never been a real fan of dogs these are very cute and charming. :)

AnimalToyForum

Thanks for sharing :) I didn't have any doggies, but I had the entire first few series of monster in my pocket, which are hiding around the house somewhere. I must share them here some time too.

Jetoar

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  :)) I have these figures. My faforit is Pepe the chiguagua  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ana

:) My favorites were Husky and German Shepherd  ::)

Jetoar

Chiguagua is my favorite but, tekel and fox terrier are very cool to  8).

dogEdoodoo

thanks guys, glad that people like these cute puppies :) and nice to see that other people remember them/still have them too!

My favourite was charlie the king charles spaniel on the purple cushion as I think that he is particularly cute  :)
I might post some close up pictures of the other ones too.

I wonder how many more there are that I have missing from my collection.

I didn't have any monster in my pockets but it would be cool to see pictures of some of these!

Jetoar

You are welcome friend, thanks for share with us figures of your chilhood (and my chilhood)  ^-^.

Luupiha

YES. YES.
I used to have these too back when I was a kid...and actually few years ago I collected nearly every one of the dogs (and most of the cats).
But due to space issues and my collection interests shifting to other things and animals, I sold most of them. I left few of my personal faves though. Like the german shepherd family (I always wanted them when I was a kid, but never got them...so I'm patching things up now :') ).
Regardless, these toys bring a lot of happy memories back...
I'll try to take some pictures of the ones that I decided to keep later on :3

dogEdoodoo

Quote from: Luupiha on January 03, 2013, 11:28:18 PM
YES. YES.
I used to have these too back when I was a kid...and actually few years ago I collected nearly every one of the dogs (and most of the cats).
But due to space issues and my collection interests shifting to other things and animals, I sold most of them. I left few of my personal faves though. Like the german shepherd family (I always wanted them when I was a kid, but never got them...so I'm patching things up now :') ).
Regardless, these toys bring a lot of happy memories back...
I'll try to take some pictures of the ones that I decided to keep later on :3

glad that these brought back some happy memories for you! it would be great to see pictures of the one's that you kept...I've never seen any others than the ones that I have so am excited to see what other ones there are  ^-^
I didn't realise that there were cats to collect as well! I just searched on ebay and found some kitty in my pockets they are so cute! I wish I had collected some of those as a kid too!  :)

AnimalToyForum

KathyAnderson

They're cute, dogEdoodoo! I only have the new Puppy in my Pockets.
I like Puppy in my Pockets and Littlest Pet Shop.
~Kathy~

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: KathyAnderson on April 23, 2013, 04:51:57 PM
They're cute, dogEdoodoo! I only have the new Puppy in my Pockets.

If you have photos, maybe you'd like to share them in a new thread :)

KathyAnderson

Ok! I have to take some and upload them to my computer first. Thank you for the suggestion. You all are really nice.:D
I like Puppy in my Pockets and Littlest Pet Shop.
~Kathy~

imodelhorselover16

I also have loads of them too!:)I also have some Kitty in my pockets:)

mermaidgrey

Hi :) Just found this after you mentioned you posted your collection over on my post about the new style. I recognise some of them as ones that I have, but you have some I don't too, so that's nice to see :) That one in the basket is so cute. I don't think I have that one :)
There used to be a free webs website showing all the original puppies with photos and names, but it's been taken offline unfortunately. I did find this one though:
http://vintage.talviuni.com/index.html
It's not as well laid out as the other site, but you might like to look about at the pictures :) It has kitties and animal hospital too.