News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Felids

Started by brontodocus, December 29, 2012, 05:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

One of my favourite big cat figures is the amazing Papo Wild Animals Tiger Panthera tigris (Linnaeus, 1758). Total length is approx. 190 mm, snout-vent length approx. 119 mm, and shoulder height is 65 mm. The scale is therefore around 1:16 to 1:18.

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

Jetoar

From my point of view , is the best figure of tiger that exist currently. I have this figure and hi is amazing  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Quote from: Jetoar on December 29, 2012, 10:02:17 PM
From my point of view , is the best figure of tiger that exist currently. I have this figure and hi is amazing  ^-^.
Yes, it's my favourite Tiger figure, too. :)

postsaurischian

:D It's a wonderful Tiger!

Aw - I just finished my walk-around - we had the same idea and you were too fast.
Let me show at least one more pic, so it wasn't all for nothing :-[ :).

brontodocus

Great shot! :)
Quote from: postsaurischian on December 30, 2012, 12:13:06 AM
Aw - I just finished my walk-around - we had the same idea and you were too fast.
Let me show at least one more pic, so it wasn't all for nothing :-[ :).
Urgh, sorry, I know how that is... I just had the pictures of the IC Armadillo finished when I saw somebody was faster than me... :o ;D I don't know, seeing your photos in front of a different background, they give an alternative impression to the figure. After all, even a photo is a form of an interpretation. I see no reason why we shouldn't see all of yours here, too. :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on December 30, 2012, 12:29:03 AM
....... After all, even a photo is a form of an interpretation. I see no reason why we shouldn't see all of yours here, too. :)

Nah, that wouldn't make sense. Too many poses are similar.
But thanks for inviting :) ... just one more alternate view:

Ana

Wonderful photos of amazing tiger!!! Pleasure to see that!!!  :)) I have one and must buy also female with cub  8)

Let me share one more point of view of this beauty here ;)

AnimalToyForum

I think it's great when members post additional photos, I appreciate the different views. As Brontodocus points out, the lighting, background, camera quality, and general photograph style, will all have an impact on how the figure looks.

This figure just happens to look great in all photos  ;D

brontodocus

Absolutely, the Papo Tiger cannot be photographed enough, one of the most photogenic animal figures. Just like you photo demonstrates, too, Ana! :)

Jetoar

I am thinking the same, the besy figure of tiger  ^-^.

critter

best tiger ever (mass produced) and lots of great pictures!

Jetoar

Quote from: critter on December 30, 2012, 11:05:35 PM
best tiger ever (mass produced) and lots of great pictures!
I think teh same. Images are wonderful  ^-^.

brontodocus

Walk-around of the Papo Wild Animals Lioness, Panthera leo (Linnaeus, 1758). This was my first non-dinosaur Papo figure. Shoulder height is 59 mm, scale approx. 1:15 - 1:16.

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

Jetoar

Cool walk around friend. This figure is my second non dinosaur of Papo  ^-^. You have a great work with the camera  ^-^.I love Papo felines  ^-^.

Fukuiraptor

Your photos are fantastic!  Make the figure look even better!

Jetoar

Quote from: Fukuiraptor on January 11, 2013, 01:21:42 AM
Your photos are fantastic!  Make the figure look even better!

Yes a good camera and good back images, create a amazing effect  ^-^.

brontodocus

Thanks, Jetoar and Fukuiraptor! :) I thought the figure deserved some effort in photographing it. Among the Papo big cats which are all excellent this one is probably still my favourite.

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on January 11, 2013, 08:04:33 AM
Thanks, Jetoar and Fukuiraptor! :) I thought the figure deserved some effort in photographing it. Among the Papo big cats which are all excellent this one is probably still my favourite.

You are welcome friend  ^-^.

postsaurischian

:D Wonderful figure and great photos!

This is the best Lioness on the market and Papo's male counterpart cannot compete at all with its quality.
But in addition to this I must say that there is still no male lion figure by any company that I like. Somehow making an accurate one seems to be a problem for the designers.

Jetoar

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 11, 2013, 09:47:13 AM
:D Wonderful figure and great photos!

This is the best Lioness on the market and Papo's male counterpart cannot compete at all with its quality.
But in addition to this I must say that there is still no male lion figure by any company that I like. Somehow making an accurate one seems to be a problem for the designers.

Definetly, the best lioness of the market  ^-^.