News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Surfs up Dudes!

Started by KaraWildsong42, April 09, 2014, 05:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KaraWildsong42

I'm sure plenty of you guys have seen this, but in case you haven't, here's a shot of two humpback whales, a mother and calf, riding the waves! This is normal behavior for dolphins, and all of us have seen the pictures of sharks near surfers, but this might be the only evidence we have that larger creatures like whales, ride waves too!
Here's the link to the news story and EPIC pictures!: http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/nature/post/humpback-whales-go-for-a-surf-at-pipeline/
'O bliss of the collector, bliss of the man of leisure!  [...] – and I mean a real collector, a collector as he ought to be – ownership is the most intimate relationship that one can have to objects. Not that they come alive in him; it is he who lives in them.' - Walter Benjamin

sauroid

very cool. thanks for sharing. :)

KaraWildsong42

'O bliss of the collector, bliss of the man of leisure!  [...] – and I mean a real collector, a collector as he ought to be – ownership is the most intimate relationship that one can have to objects. Not that they come alive in him; it is he who lives in them.' - Walter Benjamin