This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Beluga calf (CollectA - Sea Life).  (Read 3076 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Beluga calf (CollectA - Sea Life).
« on: April 08, 2014, 09:40:11 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Beluga calf (Delphinapterus leucas) Pallas, 1776 of CollectA - Sea Life. Total lenght is 110 mm . This figure was relased in 2013 and it is avaliable nowadays. Belugas are slower swimmers than the other toothed whales, such as the killer whale and the common bottlenose dolphin, because they are less hydrodynamic and have limited movement of their tailfins, which produce the greatest thrust. They frequently swim at between 3 and 9 km/h (1.9 and 5.6 mph); although they are able to maintain a speed of 22 km/h for up to 15 min. Unlike most cetaceans, they are capable of swimming backwards.

Collecta is a young brand of figures, but in his short time of existence, they have done a lot of figures of different species of animals (included rare species of dinosaurs and animals). In their cattegory of sea life, they have included the Beluga whale. This figure is a nice representation of this shark. The colors are exact and the details are amazing.  I think that it is one ofthe best figures of this animal and good acquistion for whales collectors. I bought this figure in Sarasus (toys store) in Madrid two weeks ago ^-^.

Collecta is a young brand of figures, but in his short time of existence, they have done a lot of figures of different species of animals (included rare species of dinosaurs and animals). In their cattegory of sea life, they have included the Beluga calf. This figure is a nice representation of this shark. The colors are exact and the details are amazing.  I think that it is one ofthe best figures of this animal and good acquistion for whales collectors. I bought this figure in Sarasus (toys store) in Madrid one month ago ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Beluga calf (CollectA - Sea Life).
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 11:09:32 AM »
So this is apparently the the third Beluga calf by a major brand (at least that I'm aware of), the others being by Safari Ltd WS Sealife (really tiny) and MBA. :)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Beluga calf (CollectA - Sea Life).
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 03:16:40 PM »
So this is apparently the the third Beluga calf by a major brand (at least that I'm aware of), the others being by Safari Ltd WS Sealife (really tiny) and MBA. :)

Really, I dont know that this figure is the third beluga calf figure  ^-^. I am waitting to see the new Papo figure  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal