Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Platypus (Papo - Wild Life).  (Read 2629 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Platypus (Papo - Wild Life).
« on: April 08, 2014, 09:40:07 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Platypus (Ornithorhynchus anatinus) Shaw, 1799 of Papo-Wild Life. Total lenght 90 mm. This figure was released in 2011 and currently is avaliable. The body and the broad, flat tail of the platypus are covered with dense, brown fur that traps a layer of insulating air to keep the animal warm. The fur is waterproof, and the texture is akin to that of a mole. While both male and female platypuses are born with ankle spurs, only the male's spurs produce venom, composed largely of defensin-like proteins (DLPs), three of which are unique to the platypus.

Papo is a young brand in the world of figures if we compare them with Safari or Schleich, but they have a important place in the world currently. They are famous for their figures of feline and dinosaurs but they are doing great jobs with the reptiles and birds (new garhial is amazing) and their wild animals figures are not a exception. Proportions are awesome an details of the hair s are awesome. Definetly it is one of the best figure of platypus. It is one of my favorite figures of my collection and I bought this figure in the store of  National Natural Science Museum of Madrid (Spain) one month ago ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

KaraWildsong42

• View Profile
Re: Platypus (Papo - Wild Life).
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 12:59:45 AM »
The swimming pose is exceptional! I always enjoy it when the companies give their figures more movement like this.
'O bliss of the collector, bliss of the man of leisure!  [...] and I mean a real collector, a collector as he ought to be ownership is the most intimate relationship that one can have to objects. Not that they come alive in him; it is he who lives in them.' - Walter Benjamin

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 02:48:55 PM »
The swimming pose is exceptional! I always enjoy it when the companies give their figures more movement like this.

Thanks friend  ^-^. I agree with you, this is a great idea and in this case, one of the best point of this figure  ^-^.

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 11:06:06 AM »
Always good to see a nice new Platypus figure. :)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 02:32:28 PM »
Always good to see a nice new Platypus figure. :)

Yes, I think the same, it is a good replica  ^-^.