Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Yak (Schleich - Wild Life).  (Read 3552 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Yak (Schleich - Wild Life).
« on: April 08, 2014, 09:39:58 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Yak (Bos grunniens) Linnaeus, 1766 of Schleich - Wild Life. Total lenght is 170mm. This figure was relased in 2009 and it is retired currently. The yak may have diverged from cattle at any point between one and five million years ago, and there is some suggestion that it may be more closely related to bison than to the other members of its designated genus. Yaks are heavily built animals with a bulky frame, sturdy legs, and rounded cloven hooves. They are the only wild bovids of this size with extremely dense, long fur that hangs down lower than the belly. Wild yaks are generally dark, blackish to brown, in coloration.

Schleich are one of the oldest brands that they do figures currently. They have done new figures of some old replicas even their cubs, calfs and juveniles. This replica is one of their new figures. This figure is a very nice replica. The proportions of this figure are nice from my point of view. I think that the details of hair are really good. The stand of this figure is nice. I think that it is one of the best replicas of this specie. I bought this figure in a store of Madrid (Spain) one month ago ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

KaraWildsong42

• View Profile
Re: Yak (Schleich - Wild Life).
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 12:56:11 AM »
It's beautiful, Jetoar! The face is so peaceful and so well sculpted. Yaks hold a special place in the heart of my inner child!  ;)
'O bliss of the collector, bliss of the man of leisure!  [...] and I mean a real collector, a collector as he ought to be ownership is the most intimate relationship that one can have to objects. Not that they come alive in him; it is he who lives in them.' - Walter Benjamin

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 02:56:02 PM »
It's beautiful, Jetoar! The face is so peaceful and so well sculpted. Yaks hold a special place in the heart of my inner child!  ;)

Thanks friend, from my point of view it is a really beautiful figure, but I understand very well why Schleich decided retire this figure  :-\.

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 11:00:39 AM »
I have this one, too, and I wouldn't want to miss it. :) Yes, the figure is representing a domesticated Yak instead of the wild form.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 02:20:25 PM »
I have this one, too, and I wouldn't want to miss it. :) Yes, the figure is representing a domesticated Yak instead of the wild form.

Thanks for your information friend  ^-^. I believed that Papo figure is a representing a wild form.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal