News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

My Schleich Collection (Updated!)

Started by FreshSphere, April 08, 2014, 06:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreshSphere

I stumbled across the World of Schleich by accident a couple months ago and now I am hooked. The African elephants are my favorites.

AnimalToyForum

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing photos of your collection :) that shelving unit is perfect  8)

I see you collect StarTrek too?

FreshSphere

Quote from: animaltoyforum on April 08, 2014, 09:01:17 AM
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing photos of your collection :) that shelving unit is perfect  8)

Thanks :) I just wish the shelf had six more cubes or so to hold more ;D

Yep I also collect Star Trek. I have a substantial collection of the Playmates, Eaglemoss and Diamond Select/Art Asylum figures and ships.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: FreshSphere on April 08, 2014, 09:22:34 AM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on April 08, 2014, 09:01:17 AM

Thanks :) I just wish the shelf had six more cubes or so to hold more ;D

Yep I also collect Star Trek. I have a substantial collection of the Playmates, Eaglemoss and Diamond Select/Art Asylum figures and ships.

You could squeeze more figures on each shelf but it might get busy -  I've gotten it down to an art! :)

KaraWildsong42

Phew, quite a nice collection for only a couple months! I'm a newbie to the site too, so welcome!  :) Btw, I LOVE your Data avatar!
'O bliss of the collector, bliss of the man of leisure!  [...] – and I mean a real collector, a collector as he ought to be – ownership is the most intimate relationship that one can have to objects. Not that they come alive in him; it is he who lives in them.' - Walter Benjamin

FreshSphere

Quote from: KaraWildsong42 on April 09, 2014, 12:49:14 AM
Phew, quite a nice collection for only a couple months! I'm a newbie to the site too, so welcome!  :) Btw, I LOVE your Data avatar!
Thanks! Glad I'm not the only newb here ;D

sauroid

very cool display/collection. welcome to the ATF. :)

Jetoar

Really nice collection  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

widukind

Welcome here, you have a nice collection  :)

FreshSphere

Thanks for the replies  :)

I ordered these from an online store and they came today. All are Schleich except for the Papo tigress with cub I just couldn't pass it up it's so nice. I couldn't believe how big the whales were!

FreshSphere

I got my shelf re-organized. I tried to keep it sorted according to continent but it isn't completely accurate. The African elephants remain my favorites, followed by the tigers and whales.

sauroid

brontodocus

Sorry, I've overlooked this so long... :-\ Great collection photos, FreshSphere! :) It's good to see you're not exclusively stuck to Schleich, while they have many really excellent ones a few are outmatched by other companies. I still have to get me those warthogs!

tyrantqueen

Being the nerd that I am, my eyes were immediately drawn to the TOS set. How are the figures in terms of detail?

Oh, and the animals are nice too >:D >:D >:D

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

FreshSphere

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 27, 2014, 05:43:44 PM
Being the nerd that I am, my eyes were immediately drawn to the TOS set. How are the figures in terms of detail?

Oh, and the animals are nice too >:D >:D >:D
LOL thanks ;D

The TOS set is from Playmates and the figures have surprisingly good detail and articulation for 1993, complete with the correct sculpted insignias on the wrists of their uniforms. Here is a shot of my loose set, along with some TNG and DS9 figures.

Here are my Diamond Select TOS figures

The Wrath of Khan collection from Diamond Select

Diamond Select TNG

FreshSphere

Quote from: brontodocus on April 27, 2014, 02:32:53 PM
Sorry, I've overlooked this so long... :-\ Great collection photos, FreshSphere! :) It's good to see you're not exclusively stuck to Schleich, while they have many really excellent ones a few are outmatched by other companies. I still have to get me those warthogs!
Thanks :)) I was happy I found the warthogs because I think they are retired now?? They stand out well with their multiple colors, mane and cool looking tusks.

FreshSphere

I picked these up today from a local toy store