This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Wild Water Buffalo (CollectA - Wild Life)  (Read 7781 times)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Wild Water Buffalo (CollectA - Wild Life)
« on: March 25, 2014, 09:25:43 AM »
Here's a walk-around of CollectA's brand new Wild Life Wild Water Buffalo, Bubalus arnee (Kerr, 1792). It's a big figure and almost as heavy as the 2013 Mojö Fun Gaur Bull (although not quite as tall, see size comparison photo below). Snout-vent length is 128 mm and shoulder height 78 mm, so the scale would be between approx. 1:19 and 1:24. The human figure (walking man from Safari Ltd People in Motion Toob) is approx. 1:23 - 1:27 scale. While the domesticated form is commonly kept (and there are e.g. close to 100 million animals in India) the wild form is considered "Endangered" by IUCN with estimates of the world population being between "less than 200" and "almost certainly less than 4,000" individuals. It has a very scattered distribution in India, Nepal, Bhutan, Thailand, Cambodia, and possibly Myanmar.

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:26:47 PM by brontodocus »

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Wild Water Buffalo (CollectA - Wild Life)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 02:20:40 PM »
Really impresive and huge figure  ^-^. Thanks for sharing friend.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

mermaidgrey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 03:08:43 PM »
Impressive figure :) Looks very chunky and heavy and the detailing of the fur texture on the body is really nice. I love the photos. The background gives the images an outdoors-y atmosphere. :)
Also, the human figure better not upset the buffalo! Looks like the horns could do him some bad damage. :)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 08:32:11 PM »
Many thanks, Jetoar and mermaidgrey!  :) Well, my human figures have been in more dangerous situations, though. I also collect dinosaur figures: ;D

MartinH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 06:58:54 AM »
Stunning model. Love his big horns!

KaraWildsong42

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 11:05:37 AM »
Wow, he's beautiful! The horns are impressive, and I love the variation in his fur color. A magnificent walk-around too! I'm a fan of the human size comparison ones.
'O bliss of the collector, bliss of the man of leisure!  [...] – and I mean a real collector, a collector as he ought to be – ownership is the most intimate relationship that one can have to objects. Not that they come alive in him; it is he who lives in them.' - Walter Benjamin

mermaidgrey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 10:58:54 PM »
Many thanks, Jetoar and mermaidgrey!  :) Well, my human figures have been in more dangerous situations, though. I also collect dinosaur figures: ;D

Love that picture! I feel sorry for your poor human figures. They don't stand a chance against dinosaurs and buffalo! :)
What make are your humans, by the way?
EDIT: just noticed that you said the man was made by "Safari Ltd" in the original post. oops :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:00:40 PM by mermaidgrey »

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 11:31:53 AM »
Love that picture! I feel sorry for your poor human figures. They don't stand a chance against dinosaurs and buffalo! :)
EDIT: just noticed that you said the man was made by "Safari Ltd" in the original post. oops :)
Hi mermaidgrey, the human figure with the white T-shirt is by Safari Ltd but the one with the raised arms in blue shirt is from a set named "Horrified B-Movie Victims" by Accoutrements. I have human figures in different scales and by various manufacturers. Maybe I should make a thread about them here, eventually. I even have a Joan Collins action figure (as Edith Keeler from Star Trek TOS)! ;D

mermaidgrey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 08:14:13 PM »
Hi mermaidgrey, the human figure with the white T-shirt is by Safari Ltd but the one with the raised arms in blue shirt is from a set named "Horrified B-Movie Victims" by Accoutrements. I have human figures in different scales and by various manufacturers. Maybe I should make a thread about them here, eventually. I even have a Joan Collins action figure (as Edith Keeler from Star Trek TOS)! ;D

"Horrified B-Movie Victims" brilliant! Yes, I would love to see your human figures collection if you make a thread :) I am often in need of human figures for photography ideas I have, but haven't found what I'm looking for whenever I have looked.
I'm afraid I don't know much about star trek but I've heard that the merchandise is very collectable :) An action figure sounds pretty cool.

Dragonwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 07:30:07 AM »
I never thought I would say this to an animal who I saw as a child plowing the rice paddies back home. The word is Awesome!! Especially side by side with the Gaur, these animals convey power and strength. Danger, too, when angered or threatened. Along with the other large bovid figures, I love this Buffalo! I will get this one and the rest of the herd.
Just got mine and I must say, this is one heavy piece of plastic!! One thing that makes the wild buffalo different compared to the domesticated ones is the way their horns grow out. This one has horns that stick up like a crown. Whereas the ones in the farm have wider, more horizontal horns.
Either way, they're equally dangerous when aroused.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 09:17:00 PM by Dragonwolf »

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 11:27:37 PM »
CollectA Wild Water Buffalo walk-around got its images back. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal