News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

GIANTmicrobes

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 19, 2012, 03:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Jetoar

they are fuzzy and dangerous.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

They are quite popular among biology students, I see them quite often in our department. :)
Hehe, some of those remind me of an old cartoon series...

;D

AnimalToyForum

Isn't there a tradition in Germany whereby PhD candidate is presented with a personalised mortar board hat upon graduation. One of my girlfriend's microbiology colleagues, in Germany, had a giant microbe or two hanging from her hat :)

brontodocus

Yes, it is! :) Mine had insect wings and deep-sea isopod drawings, though. Oh, I did not realise it may be something that is restricted to Germany. And, well, not all faculties do that. Seems to be most common among scientists and engineers.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: brontodocus on December 19, 2012, 05:02:24 PM
Yes, it is! :) Mine had insect wings and deep-sea isopod drawings, though.

Sounds like there could be a super picture destined for the 'photos of us' thread... ;D

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on December 19, 2012, 04:37:46 PM
They are quite popular among biology students, I see them quite often in our department. :)
Hehe, some of those remind me of an old cartoon series...

;D

Barba Papas! It is strange how few people remember those...

Takama

Finally, Somthing that i can beat up whenever im feeling there sickness >:D

brontodocus

Quote from: animaltoyforum on December 19, 2012, 05:04:33 PM
Sounds like there could be a super picture destined for the 'photos of us' thread... ;D
I do have pictures of me wearing it just after my doctoral examination. I might show a photo there, eventually! ;D
Quote from: sbell on December 19, 2012, 05:07:10 PM
Barba Papas! It is strange how few people remember those...
I'm afraid it may just reveal how old we are... Barbapapa was originally aired in the mid seventies (and, yes, that was when I saw it)! :o ;D

Hey, I just realized they made a tardigrade, too! :) And it does the Gene Kelly thing (not really the toy but the animation)! :o ;D

postsaurischian

Oh, I loved Barbapapa as a boy - and of course I had the complete figure set ;D.
Also the complete sets of Wickie (and the strong men) and the bee Maja. Maybe I should have kept them ??? ;D.

Microbes like Escherichia coli, Norovirus or Staphylococcus aureus would make great gifts for some of my colleagues ;D.
The malignant neoplasm though wouldn't be a good joke where I work.