News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Guitarfish ( Kaiyodo Aqualand series)

Started by OkapiBoy, March 16, 2014, 10:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OkapiBoy

Here is the Kaiyodo resin guitarfish (type of ray)from the Aqualand series. It's a nice figure, comes with a stand wit a base made to look like a shell! :))

sbell

Ha! I just made a comment at the DTF--I'm pretty sure your fish is a Shark ray or Bowmouth guitarfish, Rhina ancylostoma. Pretty cool figure though (I'm assuming that it requires painting).

brontodocus

Wonderful little resin gem, OkapiBoy! :) Oh, but I see, this is a Guitarfish (or Shark Ray) rather than an Angel Shark. The base and the thin metal rod make it look very elegant! :)

Edit: Ah, Sean was faster... ;D

OkapiBoy

LOL! ^-^ Thanks guys, I was going with what the seller listed it as. Did not come in box or any info other than a sticker on the bottom that also say ARTPLA, any idea what that means?
Anyway, it can be painted, but it's painted grayish right now. It's a very cool figure ^-^

Jetoar

Really cool figure, very similar to Safari version ^-^. Thanks for sharing friend  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

There are several cartilaginous fishes that may seem to be a mix between sharks and rays at first sight but actually it's quite easy: If the gill slits are below the pectoral fins (rather than in front of or even a little above them) and only visible from the ventral side then it's a ray.