Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Gentoo Penguin (Collecta - Sea Life).  (Read 2534 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Gentoo Penguin (Collecta - Sea Life).
« on: March 16, 2014, 06:16:48 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Gentoo Penguin (Pygoscelis papua)  Forster, 1781 of Collecta - Sea Life. Total lenght is 60mm. This figure was relased in 2012 and it is avaliable. It is easily recognized by the wide white stripe extending like a bonnet across the top of its head and its bright orange-red bill. They have pale whitish-pink webbed feet and a fairly long tail - the most prominent tail of all penguins. Chicks have grey backs with white fronts. As the Gentoo penguin waddles along on land, its tail sticks out behind, sweeping from side to side, hence the scientific name Pygoscelis, which means "rump-tailed". It is a penguin species in the genus Pygoscelis, most closely associated with the Adélie penguin and the Chinstrap penguin. The first scientific description was made in 1781 by Johann Reinhold Forster on the basis of Falkland Islands. They call in a variety of ways, but the most frequently heard is a loud trumpeting which is emitted with its head thrown back.

Collecta is a young brand of figures, but in his short time of existence, they have done a lot of figures of different species of animals (included rare species of dinosaurs and animals). In their cattegory of sea life, they have included the Gentoo Penguin. This figure is a nice representation of this turtle. The colors are the corrects and the details are nice.  I think that it is good figure of this animal and good acquistion for penguins collectors. I bought this figure in a store of Madrid (Spain) two weeks ago  ^-^.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 06:32:11 PM by Jetoar »
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Gentoo Penguin (Collecta - Sea Life).
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 11:14:20 PM »
Very nice! :) There aren't many Gentoo Penguin figures around, the only others I'm aware of are the Colorata and Kaiyodo Penguin Lunch versions, so it's quite a rare sight.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Gentoo Penguin (Collecta - Sea Life).
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 11:50:45 PM »
Very nice! :) There aren't many Gentoo Penguin figures around, the only others I'm aware of are the Colorata and Kaiyodo Penguin Lunch versions, so it's quite a rare sight.

Thanks friend, I know it. This is the favorite penguin of my mother because this specie appears in Mr popper's penguins  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal