This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: African Elephant (EditorialSol90).  (Read 2420 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
African Elephant (EditorialSol90).
« on: March 16, 2014, 05:41:04 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of African Elephant (Loxodonta africana) Blumenbach, 1797 of EditorialSol90. Total lenght is 150 mm. This figure was realised in 2006. The most characteristic features of African elephants are their very large ears, which they use to radiate excess heat, and their trunk, an extension of the upper lip and nose with two opposing extensions at its end, different from the Asian elephant, which only has one. The trunk is used for communication and handling objects and food. African elephants also have bigger tusks, large modified incisors that grow throughout an elephant's lifetime. They occur in both males and females and are used in fights and for marking, feeding, and digging.

Sometimes, we can find nice figures that they are a gift of magazines collections. Editorial Sol90 have launched a great collection of figures of animals with a great details. It is a good example. This is a great replica of this elephant from my point of view with a great details in its head and skin. The stand and colors are really nice. I bought this figure in a flea market of Madrid (Spain) two weeks ago  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: African Elephant (EditorialSol90).
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 11:22:56 PM »
It's really very detailed! :) I think the pose of the left forefoot could have looked better and the body seems a bit short but the rest is great. Although I've heard of them, the company is practically unknown to me. So are they based in Spain and regularly available?

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: African Elephant (EditorialSol90).
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 11:54:51 PM »
It's really very detailed! :) I think the pose of the left forefoot could have looked better and the body seems a bit short but the rest is great. Although I've heard of them, the company is practically unknown to me. So are they based in Spain and regularly available?

Thanks friend, It is a great detail figure ^-^. I dont know very well because is the first time that I have seen these figures and I havent seen them in stores or other sites  :-\.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal