Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Black Rhino (Ediciones del Prado).  (Read 2491 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Black Rhino (Ediciones del Prado).
« on: March 09, 2014, 11:28:06 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Black Rhino (Diceros bicornis) Linnaeus, 1758 of Ediciones del Prado. Total lenght is 140 mm. The natural range of the black rhino included most of southern and eastern Africa, but it did not occur in the Congo Basin, the tropical rainforest areas along the Bight of Benin, the Ethiopian Highlands, and the Horn of Africa. The longest known black rhinoceros horn measured nearly 4.9 ft in length. Sometimes, a third, smaller horn may develop. These horns are used for defense, intimidation, and digging up roots and breaking branches during feeding.

Sometimes, we can find nice figures that they are a gift of magazines collections. Ediciones del Prado launched a great collection of figures of animals with a great details. It is a good example. This is a great replica of this rhino from my point of view with a great details in its head and skin. The stand and colors are really nice. I bought this figure in a flea market of Madrid (Spain) one week ago  ^-^.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:29:12 PM by Jetoar »
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Black Rhino (Ediciones del Prado).
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 12:30:52 PM »
It's actually a surprisingly nice figure. :) But the feet could have looked better.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Black Rhino (Ediciones del Prado).
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 08:05:17 PM »
It's actually a surprisingly nice figure. :) But the feet could have looked better.

Yes I understand you, feet are the only mistake of this figure, from my point of view  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal