Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Flying Squirrel (Safari Ltd - Incredible Creatures).  (Read 3099 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Flying Squirrel (Safari Ltd - Incredible Creatures).
« on: March 09, 2014, 10:17:19 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Flying Squirrel (Glaucomys volans) Linnaeus, 1758 of Safari Ltd - Incredible Creatures. Total lenght is 300mm. I believe that it is a Southern Flying Squirrel. This figure was relased in 2008 and it is available currently. Southern flying squirrels have grey brown fur on top with darker flanks and are a cream color underneath. They have large dark eyes and a flattened tail. They have a furry membrane called a patagium which extends between the front and rear legs, used to glide through the air. The southern flying squirrel is found in eastern deciduous forests or mixed forests of North America. Large hickory and beech trees are more abundant in intensively used areas of their home ranges.

Incredible Creatures of Safari Ltd have beutiful and amazing figures, but I think that this figure is one of the best figures of this collection. From my point of view, this figure is a accurate replica of this squirrel, because the details as great eyes and powerful muscles of legs. Stand, proportions are perfects. Colours are very nice. My parents bought this figure for me in a store of Madrid (Spain) one week ago ^-^.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 10:51:10 PM by Jetoar »
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Flying Squirrel (Safari Ltd - Incredible Creatures).
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 12:44:31 PM »
A cute figure and it's pretty big (like many other IC figures). I was always tempted to get me one but still haven't bought it, yet.

animaltoyforum

• Dr Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
  • Animal: Frilled lizard
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 07:03:37 PM »
He loves you ---this--- much  :))

sbell

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 11:29:28 PM »
Mine spent this past Xmas in the tree. He seemed to be <----THIS----> happy about it too.

I also remember getting them in at the store--whoever came in first thing in the morning would always get freaked out by the big shiny eyes and the widespread posture (which looks more like "ATTACK!" than "launch quietly into the trees."

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 08:47:37 PM »
It is a realy nice figure and one of the most "friendly" figures of IC of Safari ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures